Here's Why Being With Your S.O. Constantly Isn't A Good Thing

We can all think of that one awkward couple that is always hanging on each other, acting like a bunch of koala bears: so don't be those people.

23
Coversheat

"It is a universal truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." Whether you agree with this Pride and Prejudice quote or not, I do think we could tweak it to say that most people yearn for relationship. But some people just take it too far. So without further adieu, here are 11 reasons constant companionship isn't as good as you might think it is.

1. Those couples that are always up in each other's business are comical to me because it just seems to me that they are too much, too quick.

2. If you're constantly with someone all the time, there's no room for individual growth.

3. You become the awkward couple that others secretly despise. C'mon, we all know who those people are.

4. Your S.O. was a single person before you, with their own set of friends and their own way of interacting with them. Now that you're here, they have to be conscious of the changed dynamic, be patient if at first they have trouble meshing both their interaction with you and their normal habits with their friends.

5. It's healthy to be apart from people, the "distance makes the heart fonder" and stuff.

6. When we put that much worth into one person, that's an insane amount of pressure to put on them. Honestly if you think about it, it's not really fair to them. Hey, I'm all for showing people that you love them, but make sure there isn't such a large amount of value placed on that specific person's love so much so that it defines how you love yourself.

7.Couples like this are often likely to shut out other friends and family, secluding themselves into a bubble that is rudely broken if the relationship should end. And if for some awful reason that does happen, you're going to need that support system behind you to help you pick up the pieces.

8. Personal space. Need I say more?

9. When we're chasing one person, devoting all our time and energy to them, then what energy do we have left to pursue a deeply connected relationship with our Heavenly Father?

10. Messages take up a lot of space in your phone. Not to mention phone calls and minutes.

11. One person can't fulfill all the needs that our extensive network of friends can. We all need different people to fill various aspects of our life. God didn't create us to live in solitude, we were created to be communal creatures.