My Boyfriend Is My Best Friend And I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

Because dating your best friend makes perfect sense

153
Elizabeth Davis

When it comes to high school and college-aged girls and their boyfriends, it seems like it is frowned upon that a girl's best friend is her boyfriend. Personally, I don't understand this because my boyfriend is my best friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Of course, I have my girlfriends and sorority sisters, and I love them just like they were my sister but the one person I can tell absolutely anything in the world to is my boyfriend. He and I are so similar, we can completely be ourselves and we don't have to worry about the other one judging. As a girl its hard to build that kind of trust with someone, or at least it is with me.

My boyfriend works 60 hours a week and is a Marine reserve back in our hometown. I am a full-time college student with a part-time job two hours away, so the time we get with each other is limited. When we both are in the same place though, we are inseparable and have been ever since we met the first day of our senior year.

All throughout our senior year, we constantly hung out and were doing things together, from watching movies at my house to going to the mall and our most frequent stop, going to our local Dairy Queen for five buck lunches. Not to mention I went to all of his football games and wrestling meets and he went to all of my soccer games so we could support each other in our activities

We do practically everything together now, even the most boring of things. We workout together, run errands together and even grocery shop together. Those are mostly because I hate working out and when he grocery shops alone he comes back with a lot of junk food. But more importantly, we're doing these things together because we genuinely love spending time together and want to be together as much as possible.

Although we live two hours apart and only get to see each other every other weekend, we are still extremely close. Every time something happens to one of us we are the first person the other tells. My boyfriend even bought an apple watch because he didn't want to go four to six hours not talking to each other while he was at work.

How much he loves and cares about me and genuinely wants to know things about me is exactly why my boyfriend makes the perfect best friend.