Why Are We So Unhappy?

Why Are We So Unhappy?

We want more, and that makes us miserable.

164
Why Are We So Unhappy?
movingtowardsthelight.com

At this moment, you could be anywhere doing anything. Instead, you're sitting alone behind a screen. What is stopping us from creating a new adventure?

One of the maladies of the modern age is that even though we have everything we could ever possibly imagine, we remain perpetually unsatisfied. It's as if we are destined to be never satisfied.

Human beings are insatiable wanting machines. That has made us cross boundaries; we didn't stay in caves. We conquered the moon and the sky. The curiosity of humanity has transcended beyond imagination. We call ourselves the majestic creatures yet we remain unsatisfied. Our lives used to be timeless, and now they're scheduled. We call other creatures stupid yet fail to recognize we are the ones transcending into vacuousness.

Yet, on the other hand, that itch propels us to go forth, always in search of the insatiable deliciousness of the new. It's kind of sad how we majestic creatures, who have soared above the heavens, descended into a materialistic world and have been perpetually dissatisfied ever since. Our itch that tells us to want more has made us great, but it has also made us miserable.

We fall further into the abyss of transient, trivial emotions and overlooking other people's feelings. We always want something else until we become overwhelmed. So what do we do? We become immobilized by how spoiled we have become and we enjoy very little of it.

As Jason Silva would say: "I haven't resolved that yet, I haven't resolved that yet."