Adulthood Laughs In Our Faces When We're Not Looking

It really hits hard sometimes.

58
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

You know when some days just hit you just a little bit harder than others? Well that day was today, for me. As college students, these days happen more often than not and I thought I would raise awareness for it. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for each day I am given, but days like this one really makes you just want to laugh and take a long nap. Let the story time begin:

Today was a literal hot mess. A gross hot mess to be exact. I have been slowly moving from my old apartment into my friends house for the upcoming semester. And when I say slowly, I mean its been a span of 3 months (and counting.) I don't even have that much stuff to move, I'm just thatlazy. Y'all can judge all you want, but at least I'm honest.

So to start off my very adult-like day, I was moving a very large *and heavy* piece of furniture into my house. After 10 to 15 minutes of pivoting this obnoxiously large item I realized I just couldn't lift and place it by myself. So, soon I understood this is what I get for pushing to live by myself because there was literally no-one in this house to help me. There I was, standing in my closet, looking like a complete dork holding up this huge ass piece of furniture. Stuck.

No way to sit it down or to place it where it belonged. Like literally, I was standing there shaking and the second I had my hand on the bottom of the furniture and I slowly started to fall over, I realized I had screwed up. Don't rush to be on your own kids, its not worth it. Needless to say, I am grateful for my grandfather being in the same town as me because I broke down and called him when I realized adulthood was overwhelmingly taking over.

After making plans for him to help, I decided to start moving more boxes while I waited. This is where it gets gross and hot. Emphasis on the gross. In my apartment I had a mini fridge stocked full of food that I was planning to take to my new place... Until I realized that TWO ENTIRE weeks ago I accidentally unplugged it... It smelled like a child's literal throw up mixed with French onion soup.

Why so specific? Because, it was actual French onion soup that melted in my freezer and drowned my ENTIRE MINI FRIDGE. My eyes filled with tears, not because I knew I screwed up again, but because the smell was so potent it was like Lord Voldemort tried to touch my soul. If that doesn't give you a perfect enough description of the misery I was in, you got off lucky.

On top of this all, my dinner consisted of canned chicken mixed with mayonnaise and a cheese stick. Ew. I know. Believe me, if I had FOOD like I had planned on having or MONEY to go buy some to make up for it, things would be different. But, they aren't so.... I don't know. All I really know is my name at this point and not to unplug a mini-fridge full of perishable food. On the bright side, y'all are most likely having a better day than me, so that makes me feel better.

Don't worry, I'll be graduated in December and more unfortunate things will be prone to happen. Looking forward to it, honestly.