What Do You Do While You're Waiting?

What Do You Do While You're Waiting?

Most of life is lived in waiting periods, so how do you spend this time?

30
What Do You Do While You're Waiting?

Do you ever get the feeling you're stuck in a perpetual season of waiting? Like you're always looking forward to the next big thing?

I'm not a patient person; therefore, I've never really been good at waiting.

Yet, I feel like I'm always looking ahead to see what's to come. I know many others are like this, as well.

However, this is ironic because we spend more time waiting than we do experiencing what we were looking forward to. The big things in life last only a few minutes, a few hours, a few days. Inevitably though, the big events pass.

Additionally, we spend much of our lives seeking answers.

What major should I choose? What career is right for me? Who will I marry?

It'd be more comfortable if there were a blueprint or map that laid it all out for us. Unfortunately, that's not how it works.

Most of my life, I've felt I've been given puzzle pieces. However, I'm unaware of where these pieces fit into the puzzle of my life.

For example, I have these pieces in my hand with words such as "stories" and "missions" written on them, but I don't know where they fit.

So, I'm stuck waiting for the Lord to reveal the answers.

Waiting makes me restless and anxious. But if most of life is lived in seasons of waiting, does that mean I'm just doomed to always be restless and anxious?

That's where what the Lord has to offer is far greater than what the world has to give.

The Lord allows us to have joy and a sense of peace during the seasons of waiting. However, we have to choose to look to Him, rather than the world.

So, I can have peace in knowing that the Lord is at work, even when I feel like nothing is happening in my life. I can trust that the Lord is working all things together in His perfect timing.

Even if I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with my life or who I'm going to marry, the Lord knows.

This knowledge and sense of peace that comes with it allow me to live my life. It allows me to walk through the seasons of waiting with joy rather than misery.

While I'm waiting for the next "big thing" and waiting on answers, I can rest in the Lord. I can lean into what He's teaching me and how He's preparing my heart for what is to come.

"Let The Ground Rest" by Chris Renzema

Been waiting on a moment

Waiting on a sign

Waiting for them to call your name
And you're next in line
Waiting for your time to come
Your fifteen minutes in the sun
So don't you find it strange?
That God, He made four seasons and only one spring

So oh, just let the ground rest
'Cause if it's not right now, it's for the best
You're gonna grow, I know this
But for now, just let the ground rest

Been waiting on a moment
Waiting on the sign
Waiting for the lights to change
When you won't feel so stuck or so left behind
Been waiting for the day to come
When you can leave behind what you've become
Wash it all away
'Cause flowers only grow once they've tasted rain

So oh, just let the ground rest
You're gonna grow, I know this
But for now, just let the ground rest

'Cause you'll finish what you start
You started this, I know
And if you saw the plans
Maybe you wouldn't go
I'll watch Him plant a seed
And then let the ground rest
So child, oh believe
'Cause I promise there's a harvest