When They See Me, Do They See You?

When They See Me, Do They See You?

Love and Be Loved

52
When They See Me, Do They See You?
Training Magazine Middle East

Ever feel like you're lacking a purpose in this life? Like you're just someone in the crowd that everyone will someday forget? What's your purpose? What's the point of even trying? I know I've definitely asked myself these questions. I may not have figured out the answers to all of these questions, but I would like to share with you some inspiration that I recently heard in one of my favorite Christian songs, Live Like That by Sidewalk Prophets.

The line that says "was I love, when no one else would show up" really struck me. Our souls thrive on loving on other people. Love is what makes life worth living, so why not spread as much as you can while you can? Why not make this your goal? Love people deeply and strive to be the person who shines a light in this often dark world. God can work through you to give someone hope. You were given the capability to change someones life, don't miss out on that opportunity.

The problem lies in the fact that so many people seek love. But I read a quote the other day that reads, "Do not seek love. Be love. Then, love will find you." How can 1 four letter word be the answer to everything though? I know, it seems far-fetched. But if love is the basis of everything you do, your life will be nothing less than fulfilling. Live with no regrets, love without holding back, and your purpose will become clear.

"Live like that" talks about living your life to the fullest. Your dreams will change over time and that's okay. Your purpose is not defined within your short-term goals, but rather in the person you are as a whole. Go with your heart and you will never be disappointed, even if it seems scary or unreasonable at first. Big dreams make the biggest impact on you personally so don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

Let everything you say lift others up and everything you do reflect the life of Christ. His love is who we are, so let everyone you meet realize that your true identity lies within the one who created you and loves you more than you could ever imagine. Let your light shine so your life purpose is made known to the world. Love and be loved. When they see me do they see You? I challenge you to make that your mission.