When The Storm Has Passed

When The Storm Has Passed

Don't be afraid when you're alone.

505
When The Storm Has Passed
Personal Photo

Sometimes we face a challenge in our lives. Whether it’s losing a loved one, or going through a breakup, there’s always a storm that comes. The storm can be as bad as a hurricane or as small as a rain shower. Sometimes you see it coming from afar, hearing the thunder rolling in, but sometimes you don’t see it at all until it hits you. When the storm has passed, and you are lost, you need to know what to do.

Find Yourself

You are left wondering what to do and even hating yourself. I’m here to say don’t do that. You can be down for 1-3 days, then that’s it. Learn to love yourself, whether it’s working out and getting in shape or buying a few new clothes that you look great in. Another thing you could do is just learn to accept who you are and grow from it. Finally, when we are lost we try hard to find someone else, when in reality we need to find ourselves. We need to discover who we truly are instead of what others want us to be.

Pray

Sometimes the only person to turn to in a hard time is God. Praying is important when you are confused, lost, or just need someone to talk to. Getting closer to God helps you to see a whole new side and that He has a plan for us.It makes you realize that if He wants it to be it shall be. It also helps you to find yourself and go on the right path to a happy life and moving on.

Go Out

When you’re down there is nothing better than going out and hanging with your friends. Having a night out, where you go out to eat, get all dressed up, and maybe even a little shopping can make you realize how amazing your friends are. They will always be there for you when you are lost, and when you need a shoulder to cry on. Even if you don’t want to go out, have an old fashioned movie day in your pj’s with some of your friends.

Pick Up A New Hobby

Distraction is one of the best things when you’re down or just went through something and you feel lost. Trying new hobbies is a great way to meet new friends and discover something you never knew you were good at.Some things you can try, are coloring, making wreaths, making signs, painting, or even trying a new sport. There are so many new activities you can try.

Just remember that when the storm has passed and you feel lost, there is something to help you. There are also always someone there for you even when you think there aren’t. Pray, find hobbies, go out with friends, and learn to love yourself because you are your own kind of beautiful.