When 'Panic!' Set In

When 'Panic!' Set In

"This is the beat of my heart"

"This is gospel for the fallen ones locked away in a permanent slumber assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories..."

It all started my freshman year of college. My suite mate started playing the piano version of "This Is Gospel." We all gathered around the small computer screen and watched the hilarious, amazing video. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the video I am talking about.

I immediately fell in love. I spent the rest of the night looking up Panic at the Disco and Brendon Urie, the lead singer. I listened to song after song and knew immediately Panic at the Disco is my new favorite band. I told my two best friends about this new found love, and they laughed. "This is Gospel" became the song that we would rock out to every time it came on. During finals in spring semester, my best friend and I jammed out to the song while dancing around her dorm room. We were definitely losing our minds, slowly. It was a band we could all agree to listen to. We held our hands in a fist in front of our faces as an "air microphone."

One hot day this past September, I was sitting in my room. My two best friends came into my room and told me that we were having a very important meeting in ten minutes. My mind immediately started to think of everything and anything I had done wrong. I asked them, "Am I in trouble?" They said no. I sat on the couch and in this video you can see my face showed anxiety and nervousness. You can hear everything they said to me. They told me how Panic at the Disco would be coming to Washington D.C. on March 3rd. They asked me if I would want to go. My mind immediately started racing. I said to myself, "Is this real life?" In fact it was! I could not believe it! My two best friends and I would be going to see Panic at the Disco LIVE! I would have never thought this would ever be possible! I let out a scream of excitement. I then made a promise to myself that I would listen to every song they have ever released word for word so I can sing along to every song at the concert.

When the tickets went on sale, my two best friends got online to order them for us, and the general admission tickets sold out within minutes. My best friends being who they are knew that we had to go to the concert no matter what, so what was the solution, well, getting us three VIP tickets. I repeat VIP TICKETS! I wouldn't be able to actually meet Brendon Urie, but I don't care! Being there in the same room as him is perfect enough!

The other question I had after my best friends had surprised me was, "What in the world have I done to ever deserve this?" This is for sure one of the best gifts I could ever receive. I am looking forward to March 3rd, the day my dreams come true.