When Is The Last Time You Showed Appreciation To Someone?

We are so caught up in our busy lives to perform the best time management, but how great are you at time management between your work life and your relationships?

54
When Is The  Last Time You Showed Appreciation To Someone?

In our everyday lives, we tend to fall behind our busy schedule. We become swamped in the amount of things we have to do, while juggling different aspects of our lives. Sometimes, it just feels like we do not have enough hours in a day to do everything that we need to do. With this, we try to become the most efficient with our time, and we prioritize what needs to be done, but we also tend to push away other aspects of our lives. We take things and people for granted because we believe that they will always be around, and we forget to show them appreciation unintentionally as we try to handle everything else that we have to do.

It happens to everyone, and it happens to you whether you realize it or not. When is the last time that YOU showed appreciation?

There are many different types of ways to show appreciation, whether it is a simple gesture, message, or even going out of the way once in a while for someone. Think of a time where you were under a lot of pressure, feeling like you did not have enough time to get anything done. Think of a person who was there for you during that time that pushed you through while you struggled. When did you last show appreciation for this person? Did you reciprocate it back? When is the last time you went out of the way for this person, despite how inconvenient it could have been for you?

Everyday, we try to assess our lives in making it better. We try to use the time that we have most efficiently, but sometimes we forget that our work life is not the light of our lives. It may be a big factor, but there are other things in our lives that we should stop our busy days for. People come and go in our lives, and those that stay are there for a reason. We get comfortable thinking that these people will be in our lives everyday, so we have "another day" to show appreciation to them. We may not realize it in the midst of our busy lives, but when we lose these people, we realize that that everyday is not guaranteed. Your life may be the busiest of all, but it is still not a reason for you to not stop what you're doing to show some type of appreciation for what you have and the people in your life.

The next time that you find yourself setting your schedule, make sure you put some time aside to appreciate the people that you have in your life. It is never too late to do this, until you let your work life start taking over everything in your life. Remember, work will always be there, but people won't, and some words will be left unspoken.