When's It OK To Play Christmas Music?

When's It OK To Play Christmas Music?

It is that time of the year! No, not Christmas, but the time when people began debating whether or not it is okay to play Christmas music yet.

49
The TODAY show debates it every year, and every year, it makes me question my Christmas music habits.

There is nothing that makes me feel better than bopping to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" (except for when she's performing on New Year's Eve) or "Pentatonix's Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

These warm-spirited songs bring joy to my life and make doing chores around feel less time-consuming. But is November 1st too early to start these jams? I do not think so. Sometimes, when my phone is on shuffle, these songs come on in July, and they are just as fun then.

Christmas Music is meant to put everybody in the holiday spirit… and Thanksgiving is part of the holidays… isn't it? For some reason though, people are judgmental about me starting my music so early.

I just ignore the haters and play my music anyways. There is nothing better at turning my mood around than "Hark the Herald Angel" or "Little Drummer Boy".

So, the answer is, it is okay to play Christmas music whenever you want, but I won't be starting until November. Just block the haters out because they obviously just don't want to be as jolly as you.