When What You Want Doesn't Line Up With God's Plan

When it happens, that's when you need to listen to Him most.

14
girl

There is no doubt that I am the kind of person who likes having everything planned. Whether it be my career, trips, or scheduled events, I want it to be according to me. It's good to plan ahead. However, there will always be times when it isn't meant to work out.

It can be the most frustrating feeling: when what you want doesn't match with God's plan. As humans, we want to be in control of every aspect of our lives. It provides us with a sense of security and power. But not everything is up to us. Sometimes, you hear that voice telling you to go in another direction. A direction that you never planned on going toward.

When that happens, it's conflicting. It's scary. The natural reaction is to just go with what you want because that is what feels safest. But when it feels scary, that is the time to stop. Stop chasing and just close your eyes and listen. What direction does God want you to go in? It's hard to quiet down the opinions of other people and your own worries, but you shouldn't let any of that stand in the way of what you are called to do.

It's impossible to see why God is pulling your life in another direction. It makes it hard to follow Him at times. However, no great discoveries were made by staying in the comfort zone. You need to take the leap of faith. No matter how blind you feel, trust that God is holding your hand into the unknown.

Whenever I feel conflicted, I remind myself that God has a greater plan than I do for myself. I need to let Him steer my life. It can feel like you're giving up control like you're losing that security blanket. But it's not like that at all. You're letting the creator of the universe lead you down the right path.

The clashing of what you have planned and what God has planned is going to happen a lot. It's part of being human. When it happens, that's when you need to listen to Him most.