When Doing Good For Your Community Turns Tragic

another soldier fallen

7

Recently, the hip-hop community lost yet another fallen soldier. Nipsey Hustle was one of a few MCs that doesn't just identify himself as an MC, he was also a father, family friend, gracious about always giving back to his community was one of many things that was just always in his heart. I enjoyed listening to him ever since he dropped on the scene when I was in High School. He was also on the XXL freshman list with Big Sean and J.Cole. Unfortunately on March 31 early into April 1st, he was shot 6 times outside of his store in Los Angeles. He was also known for being the significant other to Lauren London who now has to deal with this heavy grief in the most unfortunate way. They had a daughter, which now she will unfortunately have to deal with. So as a black woman, I'm here grieving as well and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of seeing our people die just simply because they want to do good. We try and do nothing but good for our communities and give back, but the fact that we lose our lives for even doing good should've been a red flag ages ago. I'm sick of young black women and men losing their fathers, their friends, and pretty much their entire life.

When will this end has been said too damn much!!!! Why can't we just be happy for one another?!?! It makes no sense. I'm saddened that we will never get another record from him, but I will be happy over the fact that his legacy will be forever strong. Like I said, there was not ONE person who had nothing but good things to say about him, and they always will. However, I will not let this just be another fallen black man. This was a black man with a plan for excellence in both music and the community. I pray for Lauren and his daughter alone with the rest of their family. We're devastated and at a loss for words, but I pray that we can learn from this and allow it to show that we will grow stronger than ever. It may be easier said than done, but something will come through where we can and SHOULD be a community.