What's This "Love" Thing All About?

What's This "Love" Thing All About?

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love...

10
What's This "Love" Thing All About?
Feel Grafix

A conversation on love between two college friends...

Sarah: How would you describe being in love?

Chloe: It’s more of a feeling than anything else. When it is fully formed, it becomes intoxicating, all consuming, overpowering. It’s a completeness. When you are with the one you love you feel secluded from the world, as if time has stopped just for you. It forms without you even being able to do anything about it. At the end of the day love isn’t practical. It doesn’t care if you are desperately looking for it, or if you’re not ready for it at all. Love can be expressed with simply a look that says everything as you remain consumed by love, hoping the moment will last forever.

Sarah: And you would say that everyone can find this?

Chloe: I think so, but of course not everyone who looks for love ultimately finds it. However, if you look for the right reasons and you find someone in life that you truly care about, even more than yourself, it’s a powerful thing.

Sarah: So you believe that love is a burning, passionate entity where upon first glance you just know and when you hold hands its electric and when you kiss there are fireworks?

Chloe: I mean it’s hard to speak for everyone else, but I believe that simply shaking hands can be magical. And maybe that’s just me being a helpless romantic, but I believe love transcends logic.

Sarah: I just don’t see how it can really be that magical. I mean why doesn’t everyone have a fairytale story about finding love then? How can some people hate each other before falling in love, or have no physical attraction when they first meet someone and then end up loving them?

Chloe: Love can lead us down paths that we wouldn’t normally chose. I think those who believe in the magic of love can find it, but it’s all in how you look at it. We can all get there by taking different roads. I don’t know how much control we have over who we fall in love with. I mean as much as I wanted Chris to be the guy I married, it wasn’t meant to be. I loved him, but I wasn’t aware of how deep love could be until I met Tyler.

Sarah: I guess it confuses me, how two people can be so in love, but end up not being right for each other.

Chloe: Sometimes you really think you feel it, and hearing someone say they love you is pretty powerful. I really did love Chris, it’s just that the love I had for him can’t compare to the love I have for Tyler. The reality is, I couldn’t have known that at the time.

Sarah: Do you think some people are so desperate for love they brainwash themselves into thinking they really are in love?

Chloe: I think that love or thinking you are in love can blind you to reality. The thought of being alone is more terrifying than telling the truth, so you stay with the person.

Sarah: There’s just so much pressure to find love; I still have no idea what love feels like.

Chloe: I wasn’t looking for love when I met Tyler. I think you have to forget about the pressure and urge of finding it, as hard as that is. Just live your life and it will find you.

Sarah: I can’t forget about it though. It’s always on my mind.

Chloe: I think that when you distract and busy yourself with things you love, or even find yourself just laughing with friends on a Friday night, it happens. It’s like when a child is scared of going to sleep and they fight it and fight it, trying to keep their eyes open. The fear of letting go is constantly on their mind, but eventually exhaustion sets in and they fall asleep. Love is powerful and will come into your life if you are open to it. We tend to try to control every little aspect of life, and once we start to give in, we realize giving up that control was worth it.