What Your Halloween Costume Says About You
popular

We all know what the blondes go as when they forget about Halloween...

1996
Madison Linnihan

Over the years, I've definitely worn my share of costumes and Halloween is the best time to break them out. Here's what your Halloween costume says about you. I've decided to use some of my past costumes for inspiration. Warning: some of these are incredibly basic and you will probably think that I lack creativity.

1. Barbie

While this picture wasn't taken on Halloween (it was taken at a swap), I actually have been Barbie for Halloween. If you choose Barbie as your Halloween costume you are using minimal effort. You're probably already blonde, so you figure that all you need to do to complete your costume is put on a pink outfit. You are not wrong. This is a prime last minute throw-it-together costume.

2. Greek Goddess

Since junior year of high school, there have been many iPhone updates and the new iPhone cameras work much better. Nevertheless, if you're going as a Greek Goddess you probably are aiming for the most modestly sexy costume possible. You're probably super girly and want an excuse to try out some new fancy makeup you saw on a YouTube tutorial. It's also another last minute costume if you have a white sheet to turn into a toga.

3. Princess

You're basic. You can get really creative with this if you go as a unique princess like Pocahontas, Ariel, or Rapunzel, but clearly, I am as basic as you can get because I went as Sleeping Beauty and threw on a pink dress and a tiara.

4. Flamengo Dancer

This was an old dance costume. If you're going as a Flamengo dancer, there's a good chance that you are also a dancer. You are frugal and resourceful because you understand the importance of reusing those $150 dance costumes when competition season ends. Good for you.

BTW, I have zero clues why I thought this was a decent picture back in 2011. I am literally blinking and this was taken in someone's home gym.

4. Minnie Mouse

You've recently been to Disney and you bought some ears. This is an excuse to wear them outside of Orlando.

5. Black Cat

You're either super sultry and mysterious, or you're like me and you got asked to a costume party the day of and needed to throw something together in an hour. I also guess that I didn't have eyebrows that night.

6. Sailor

You're most likely upset that Sperry's went out of style and other people no longer find it socially acceptable to wear boat shoes to class. You probably own too much from Vineyard Vines and you're honestly just ready to get "nauti" on Halloween, so you're breaking out all your fave nautical clothing items. For the record though, I still think Sperry's are cute, so can we please bring them back in style?

7. Military

You're a gym addict and you intimidate others with your coolness. (LOL I for sure don't)

8. TV Show Character

In case you couldn't tell, I'm Hannah Montana and my friend is Dora the Explorer. If you're going as a TV character, you're probably pretty creative. Maybe you're the kind of person with enough time on their hands to watch TV. I envy you. Anyways, you're probably super funny and love to make others laugh.

9. Uncommon Movie Character

You don't go with the flow. You're not about that Minnie Mouse life. You're too original for that, so you go as something creative like Jane from "Tarzan" or Bambi from "Bambi." You're pretty unique and other people wish they would have thought of your idea first, but like everyone else, they forgot about Jane.

10. Angel

Major throwback here, but if you're going as an angel you're either the complete opposite of an angel or you really are super sweet and angelic. You're either the kind of person that steals other people's Halloween candy or you're the kind of person that trick-or-treats for UNICEF.

11. Nothing

You're lame.

Happy Halloween, everyone! May your pictures be in focus and your candy bags full. (Also I apologize if your costume didn't make the list. These are just things that I've dressed up as!)