9 Scenarios And What Your Dog Is Really Thinking

A comical interpretation of what a dog's really thinking on a daily basis.

158
Stephanie Liu

Have you ever wondered what your dog was thinking when you did a certain something? Maybe you reached for the remote with a pizza in your hand while he looks at you desperately, or maybe you're walking toward your car and your dog barks madly. Here's a comical interpretation of human actions from a dog's point of view, based off of my past experiences.

1. When you're about to spoon food into your mouth.

This dog's face is most likely saying, "You're going to give me a bite, right? Please? I love food. Please." And how could you resist that face? He obviously has practiced the begging face to the point of perfection.

2. "We're going to the vet!"

Your pup will either be ecstatic, because he doesn't know what the "vet" actually is, or if he remembers that thermometer that went up in a very unappealing manner last time, he's most likely not going to be found for a while! Don't blame them if they hide. Their mentality is, "If I can't see you, you can't see me. So I can't go to the vet."

3. When the dog sees you hold up the leash.

You may think a walk is no big deal, but to your pup, it's his time to shine! Time to pee on every single bush, trashcan, tree and don't forget the poop on your neighbors lawn. A time out in the world with their favorite human is an adventure that awaits.

4. When you don't actually throw the ball.

Your dog is sick and tired of your games. How can an owner pretend to throw the ball three times in a row? As the passive aggressive expressions come out, (s)he demands to play! "Come on, Sharon, I want to play now! Unless you want me to 'accidentally' poop in the kitchen again."

5. Baths...

Not all dogs are a fan of water. Some may feel vulnerable, afraid, and awkward, especially in bathtubs. Expect to get a little wet as (s)he shakes the feeling of being wet away, so they can go outside and get dirty again.

6. Leaving the house.

Though you're only leaving for work for a few hours, your dog has to hit you with the pain of guilt as you promise to return and (s)he looks at you with those big innocent eyes. Though you will only be gone for a few hours, (s)he doesn't know that! Who knows if you'll ever return?

7. Meeting people they don't approve of.

I don't trust people who don't like dogs, and I don't trust people who my dog doesn't like. It's a rule! There's no better wingman than your pup, who knows you better than anyone. Your pup is obviously saying, "I don't approve of him, he doesn't smell nice and doesn't love you as much as I love you!"

8. When your favorite human comes home.

My favorite time of the day is coming home to my dog, the happiest greeter you'll ever have! Nothing but kisses and cuddles from my favorite fluffy friend, (s)he hasn't loved you in so long since you left for work! "I haven't loved you since I last saw you!!!"

9. Bed time.

Snuggle time! What's better than sleeping with your best companion by your side? Your pup comes up and gets comfortable, either on the foot of the bed or taking up as much room as possible in the middle.

Dogs can be a human's best friend. They're a little rowdy at times, and sometimes a little confusing, but you can never get too much of their love. Whether it's spending time with you while they watch you eat, going to the park or just snuggling in bed, it's the best day ever as long as they are with you. What a wonderful companion they must be to ask for nothing more than your company.