9 Things To Pack For A Road Trip
Roadtrip

9 Things To Pack For A Road Trip Before You Put Pedal To The Metal

Nine essentials that I always forget, but finally managed to write down.

92

Since I was a baby, my family has always done road trips. My mom isn't a fan of planes, so we always drove places. Even if they were 18 hours away. Despite the experience with road trips, I always managed to forget something.

So, I decided to make a little list to help keep myself organized and keep track of the important items I need to bring!

1. Snacks

You can never have too many snacks. I try to have something that isn't messy but quick and filling.

2. Reusable water bottle

We're staying hydrated and saving the environment. Reusable water bottles are a staple for my family's road trips.

3. Blankets and pillows

I get cold easily and it makes sleeping in a car a little bit better.

4. Socks and easy slip-on shoes

There's nothing worse than stopping to get out of your car quickly to get a snack or for a bathroom break, only to be stopped because you have to lace up your shoes. I personally hate shoes and as soon as I get into the car, I take them off. But, my feet also get cold, so I always make sure to have a pair of socks just in case.

5. Headphones

I make a travel playlist of all the new songs and albums I want to listen to before I start a road trip and download it to my laptop. It makes traveling fun and exciting

6. Glasses

For all you contact users, it's wise to have a set of glasses if you're driving late at night or you've been driving all day. Often times, your eyes will get dry and you'll be begging to get them out ASAP.

7. Toothbrush and toothpaste

I hate having a dirty mouth. Having a toothbrush and toothpaste on hand makes it easier, so I don't have to dig through my suitcase to find them.

8. Chargers

I leave my chargers everywhere. I forget either a phone charger, my laptop charger, my Nook charger, etc. I make sure to check and double check before I leave.

9. Chapstick

No one likes having dry lips. Don't forget chapstick. It seems a little unnecessary, but it's a lifesaver.