What To Look Forward To This Fall Semester

The start of the best years of your life.

16
Cato Campus Library

New year new me, right? A new school year is a pretty big deal to any college student. You're either starting a whole new chapter in your life or continuing the journey. As a second year student, I have noticed that as the new school year starts I have more to be excited about than nervous as I was as a freshman. But the opportunities will be the same, but the experiences will be different. So whether you are new to college or ready for the "same ole same ole" school year, there's plenty to look forward to as the best years of your young life continue.

1. Greek Recruitment

If you are a freshman or have already been on campus, fall is the prime time to go through recruitment. It is a great way to get yourself out there in your school and get involved in something. It is the best way to make a name for yourself and to find a group of people to call your best friends. If you already are in Greek Life fall and recruitment are the most exciting times. As an active member, you get to do your best to get great people to join your organization. It's a time to spend with your brothers or sisters to come together to get others be a part of something you're passionate about.

2. Tailgates

Whether your school has a football or soccer team, there are going to be tailgates. Yes, you can go and actually watch the game. But being there in generally is a good way to support your school. Tailgates are the social gathering events for all students at your school. It's the funniest way to be with friends, meet other people, and just be total Americans.

3. New People

Cheesy but true. A whole new class of freshman, transfer students, or just people you have never met before. This semester is the time where you are going to learn more names and faces. Who knows, maybe you will even meet someone or a group of people that will become your squad. New people also means new opportunities. Either opportunities to better your career/self, or meet people that are just a good time.

4. Weather

If you're like me, nothing feels better than a cool brisk breeze through the changing leaves. Fall weather is the best on college campuses. One, most campuses are just beautiful and lively during the fall. Two, the cool air is much better to walk around in rather than the hot summer sun or freezing winter.

5. Coming Back

There's something about your college town and college friends that are like none other.. You actually wait around all summer doing nothing and wishes you were back at school. Weird. Also, it may not seem like you enjoy classes, but you do. You are here to better yourself for your career path. These classes mean a lot, so put in some effort at the start of the year, cause we all know it's just going downhill from now.

6. Fall Activities

In the summer it can get too hot to do anything. As the cool brisk air comes so does more things to go do. Fall is the time to go to pumpkin patches, haunted houses, big bags of candy, baseball playoffs, football, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. And let's be real, Thanksgiving is the greatest break for college students. A whole week to eat actual home cooked food and do nothing else.

Welcome to your fall semester, the start of the best years of your life.