what to expect at warped tour

What I'll Miss Most About Warped Tour

Thanks for making those days the best days ever.

23

After this summer, Warped Tour will be no more. It's had a good run and I've been fortunate enough to have been able to attend a few shows. With the final run of everyone's festival just around the corner, I thought now would be the perfect time to reflect on some things that I'll miss most about the festival.

If you're like me and my friends, you wait in anticipation for the lineup to see if it's worth going for. The lineup is usually announced a few months before the tour begins and it's nerve-wracking while you wait to see if your favorites are on the lineup. Although this year we got lucky with a few of our favorites being on the tour, we knew that we owed it to our inner-emo kid selves to attend.

After you know the lineup and have bought your tickets, the next thing you usually do is plan out your day. For those of you who don't know what Warped Tour is, it's a huge music festival that is at an outdoor venue with stages set up all around. Bands play at them all day and it's non-stop music, which is what I love about it. Figuring out what bands are playing at what stages and running around the venue trying to figure out where said stages are is all the fun in Warped Tour.

Most artists on Warped Tour don't charge anything for their signings. All you have to do is show up early enough to the merchandise tent to obtain a wristband and you'll be set to go. Imagine getting to meet two or three of your favorite artists for FREE. Usually, these signings just go super quick and all you're able to get out is a "hello," but getting to show off that CD that you got signed is totally worth it.

This next thing ties in with meeting the artists, which is also super cool. In addition to your Warped ticket, some artists will hold additional acoustic performances or workshops where they talk about music or mental health and are usually free-of-charge or under $25. These are very special to attend because they are more intimate and there usually aren't big crowds, so if you have the chance this summer, I definitely recommend seeing if any of your artists are holding a workshop!

Last, but certainly not least, as crazy as it sounds, I will miss waiting in line for hours with my friends.

I say this because the best memories are made sitting in that parking lot, taking selfies and discussing which areas of the venue you are going to run to first, which artists you want to meet and whose sets you want to attend.

Waiting in line also means you'll get to hear some music from bands who are trying to make their way into the music world. Some of these artists follow the tour and walk the lines with samples of their music and encourage people to donate if they like it. I always bring a few dollars with me and donate whenever I'm approached because this is how some of my favorite bands got their start, and getting to check out new music is always a plus.

This Warped Tour will be one to remember. It'll be sad when we enter for the last time and leave the show for the last time knowing that there won't be a "next time," but at least we will have the memories that we made and pictures that we took.

Rest in Peace Vans Warped Tour, thanks for making those days the best ones ever.