What You Should Do And Eat The Day After Thanksgiving

Here's Exactly What You Should Do The Day After Thanksgiving To Avoid The Holiday Eating Guilt

Your gut is growing and no one is happy about it!

79
Unsplah

I LOVE THANKSGIVING so much, but we all know what I'm talking about. Who doesn't pack on a couple pounds around the holidays? Your neighbors bring over cookies and there is an excess of leftovers that cannot go to waste! So, what do we do? WE eat! The reality is that we all need a post-holiday eating cleanse, so hit the grocery store and stock up on healthy foods before Christmas comes.

1. Enjoy some kale!

People hate on kale a lot and that hurts my heart because I love kale so much. Whether it's a kale chip or a kale salad. I love you so much, Kale.

2. WE love sweet potatos 

A great fall vegetable and we're trying to still treat oursleves a litte with some starchy food.

3. Get some rest!

When you're not rested you're more likely to crave the foods that aren't good for you and we all know you stayed up late gossiping with your cousin about the Thanksgiving family drama!

4. Keep the proteins lean

Try seafood or poultry! Or stick to fruits and veggies, but keep the starchy foods and sugars to a minimum.

5. Pour yourself a mocktail

A mocktail is the perfect way to stay in the holiday spirit without all the calories!

6. Go on a walk

Destress after the family drama and burn a couple calories in the process.

7. Downsize all your dishes for the day

Pick a plate that's on the smaller side for the day!

8. Meditate 

Even a quick 10-minute meditaiton session could help you prepare for the work week ahead. And who doesn't get the post-holiday break blues?

9. Drink lots of water!

Because we all know you're guilty of having a few too many glasses of wine during the Thankgiving celebration!!

I'm thankful for the food on my table, but I'm definitely remorseful about all of the overeating I've done. I probably had four servings of stuffing and two pieces of pie just at lunch!