What To Do When It Rains During Summer

What To Do When It Rains During Summer

Summer is the perfect time to soak up the sun, but what do we do what it goes away?

100
https://pixabay.com/photos/raindrops-raining-rain-wet-water-828954/

For the past week in lovely Pennsylvania, I have been unable to escape the dreary, rainy weather. I always get super bummed when it rains all week during prime pool time, but it can honestly be unavoidable. Since I have been stuck inside virtually all week, I have discovered some things you can do when it is gross outside during the summer that can still be fun!

1. Go to a local diner. 

When it's raining, one of the perfect things to do is to go out to a local diner and get some food. One of my favorite diners in my area has a 1950's theme which makes going there even more fun. Diners are the perfect location for dreary, rainy days. In all the movies and television shows, you see characters sitting in dinners with raindrops all over the windows, so it is totally on brand for the situation. In addition, cute, neon, themed diners are great photoshoot locations, so you can make awesome Instagram content while passing time on a rainy day.

2. Binge watch some shows.

Picjumbo

This one is obvious! With all of the video streaming networks, it is impossible to not find something interesting to watch. I have watched countless television shows these past few dreary days and they are all very interesting! I have recently watched When They See Us and Trinkets on Netflix, but the options are endless. Of course, we are likely to binge watch all summer no matter the weather, but take advantage of the weather so you are able to spend more time outside when it's sunny!

3. Learn to cook. 

While you are inside trying to figure out what to do with your time, maybe try cooking! I will admit, I am not the best chef, but why not experiment with some new lunch or dinner dishes while you have nothing else to do! I have recently taught myself to make homemade gyro sandwiches with all homemade ingredients! The possibilities are endless. With Pinterest, Tasty videos, and simple recipes you find online, you could seriously improve your skills! If you get good enough, you could impress your friends when you get back to college!

4. Do an at-home workout.

Not everyone has access to an at-home gym, but there are so many resources for home workouts. Creators like Whitney Simmons do a ton of equipment-free workouts that are super easy to do at home. In addition, while scrolling on youtube, I have found music-based workouts. They are workouts done by creator, MadFit, and they each go along to a popular song. They're short, sweet, and work your whole body! It's a great way to workout while also listening to your favorite songs!

5. Read a book.

We all read a lot when we are back at school, but those books are never for our pleasure. When you're stuck inside, why not try out a new book that could actually bring you joy? I love reading by the beach, and sometimes it can be hard to read indoors because of all the other distractions. But when there's nothing better to do, why not? Try a new genre or find a book that resonates with you, whatever works! Once you start reading, you'll lose track of time and maybe it won't be raining anymore once you're finished.

Rainy days in the summertime really put a damper on plans, but we can make the most of it! All of these things have kept me busy these past couple of rainy days, so I'm sure you could find something to do too!