11 Ways To Make The Most Of A Snow Day

11 Ways To Make The Most Of A Snow Day

These ideas will help you make the most of any wintry mix heading your way!

64
11 Ways To Make The Most Of A Snow Day

It's that time of year again where the days are shorter and the weather is a bit chillier. You know what that means? Impending snow days for parts of the US!

So what happens on a snow day? What if you're not from an area that gets snow? Well cozy on up and check out these ways to make the most of your snow day!

1. Get your friends over the night before if you know it’s coming.

It's always nice to have a group of people to hunker down within any type of storm. You get to be with one another and be silly in the midst of everything.

2. Make a hot totty, apple cider, or hot chocolate.

Any one of these drinks will be sure to warm you up in no time!

3. Break out some board games.

Make some fun memories with your loved ones by breaking out some board games like Monopoly or Clue! Just be aware you may lose friendships, but you'll get a lot of laughs.

4. Stay in your pajamas all day if you want.

Because come on, it's so cold and you have no where to go!

5. Though we should insist on going outside and making a snowman!

It's a right of passage and definitely fun if you have a lot of snow. If not, just take a stroll around your humble abode or even get in a snowball fight with your best friend.

6. Clean up the house. 

If you're not up for venturing out, clean up the house even if it's not on your designated day! You'll be able to occupy your time and mind.

7. Binge watch your favorite TV show on Netflix or try a new series instead!

Snow days can be fully productive in more ways than one. If you work too much and haven't been able to catch up on your favorite show, it's the perfect time to relax and watch!

8. Bake some cookies.

It goes without saying, if you have the ingredients already in your house, start whipping up some cookies. Even better if your snow day is before Christmas because you can make a few batches and give them as gifts.

9. Try out a new recipe.

No cookies? Try out a new recipe for a soup or stew. You'll have plenty of time to make it right as you don't have anywhere to be.

10. Write something.

Snow days can be a bit introspective, to say the least. Why not write up some ideas or letters? Writing with a pen and paper is old school and takes time, but is from the heart.

11. Call someone.

We are always on the go and texting more than anything. Take the time out to call your loved ones and have a chat. It'll be sure to lift your spirits and theirs!