Basic Halloween Costumes

10 Reasons It Is Totally Fine To Have A Basic Halloween Costume

Yes, I am going to be a cat for Halloween this year. Don't judge.

1235

Ahhh the end of October. The leaves are changing, pumpkin spice lattes are all the rage, and Halloween is just around the corner. If you're anything like me, you probably waited until the very last minute to decide what you are being for Halloween this year. There's need to spend hours scrolling through Pinterest, or spend way too much money on a costume... just be something basic!! Here are 10 reason why it is totally OK to have a basic Halloween costume this year.

1. Costumes are expensive. 

Let's face it, we're just a bunch of broke college students. There is no need to spend a ton of money on a costume you are going to wear once. Let's be smart with our money ladies!

2. Basic is cute. 

Although plenty of girls have been devils, angels, and the ever so popular cat costume, you can still rock it! You don't need to be super creative to look good. Throw on some cat ears and call it a night!

3. Some people aren't obsessed with Halloween. 

Crazy concept, right?! I happen to be one of those people who does not obsess over Halloween. Sure pumpkins and free candy are great, but there's no need to spend time and money getting a costume if you don't really like Halloween.

4. People really don't care. 

Think about it. At the end of the day, nobody really cares what you are for Halloween.

5. Halloween is one day. 

OK in college this isn't completely true. You may need anywhere between one and four costumes for Halloween weekend. But just because you need a lot of costumes, doesn't mean you still can't ball on a budget! Find some basic costumes for cheap and have fun!

6. There will be plenty of other people with the same costume. 

Although you may have a basic costume, there will be many others who are just as basic as you!

Happy Halloween!!