What They Don't Tell You About College

What They Don't Tell You About College

College has high's and low's but it's worth it

After the rush of high school graduation and a legendary last summer with your high school BFFs, the reality of college starts to set in.

I remember my parents, teachers, and older friends emphasizing how college will be a blast and you will make friendships of a lifetime while you work hard and play hard. However, after having nearly two years of a college experience I now realize there are lots of things about college that adults forget to tell you.

Recently I've had my "mid-college crisis" and I'm only 20. I already have to decide what track I am going to take for the rest of my working career?! Grad School? Law School? Not even two years ago I was just trying to get through Algebra II while finishing Macbeth.

Failing will happen. Not necessarily a whole class but a test at the least. Failing happens and you just have to accept it and let it motivate you to do better next time!!

You will truly find your best friends, but they might not be the ones you met the first week of school. Sometimes it takes a few years to find the best of the best...and its ok if you don't have a squad the first week of freshman year.

That being said, you probably won't find your soulmate the first week of college either.

In college, you will have to work hard and play hard, but remember, being a student should always come first! You will have a few bad days, but don't dwell on them. You gotta have some bad ones to recognize the good ones!!!

What they really don't tell you about college though is that college is indescribable until you've been there. There will be ups & downs, but it's the experience of a lifetime! Go get 'em...