What Punctuation Mark Are You?

What Punctuation Mark Are You?

It is sarcastic, witty and true.

49
What Punctuation Mark Are You?
Threadless

I was surfing the internet when I came across a weird quiz: “what punctuation mark are you?” That quiz made me wonder if punctuation marks can truly define the intricacies of character and distinguish the nuances in personalities. The more I thought about it, the more I started equating people I knew to those marks. It became a fun game to play. So here is my evaluation of the punctuation marks and how they fit certain types of people:

1. Period

Period people are the worst. They have very little to say and don’t add any more to the conversation. They bring everything to an ‘end.’ They are apocalyptic to a conversation – is that too harsh? Too real? Well, maybe they can END their agony on this remark. Usually the archetypes of men like Mr. Darcy fit the bill here. I don’t think I know too many women who are ‘periods;’ but women do have a different brand of periods. Trust me, neither brand is fun.

2. Question Mark

Do you question your surroundings? Do you question your knowledge? Do you question your friend? Your enemy? Your very own existence? Then my friend, you have the inquisitive trait. It is generally a good exercise to question; it builds awareness – academic, personal, and spiritual. But my favorite people are not those that profoundly introspect, I love the “question-face” people. They question about why the ant bit them, why the guy on the street was wearing a red shirt, if Pandas are real animals, and how long their arm hair will get etc.

3. Quotation Mark

I look at this one two ways. Either these people are so taciturn and reserved all the time that when they do actually make a statement, it is worth noting or remembering; or, they have so much to distinctively say about something that they go on and on and on! I don’t know which is better? Do you?

4. Exclamation Mark

Energy and Drama. You can be either or both. Energy-people are must haves in anybody’s lives. They are the kind to cheer when the sun comes out every day, celebrate because they did 1% better on a Math test, and delight in the rain during storms. They diffuse their optimism where they go. The Drama people though, have a more theatrical personality. They complain about the stars shining! They cry because they have nothing to laugh about! They spread rumors because it is so much fun! They yell in the corridors about boys while everyone is asleep! They laugh like they have heard all the jokes! Phew, I am already tired. How do you all do it? '

5. Comma

Comma people bring everything to a halt. Neither do they get anything done, nor allow for others to complete. Do some introspection, if you are in high school or college, you most likely have four to forty friends who don't let you do any of your h/w or anything productive! Tell them they are a comma!

6. Colon

Colon- people think they have to explain everything and everyone. Their idea of the world is superlative and they want to impart that extra knowledge unto others. To the colon-people out there, you know, “ain’t nobody got time for that!”

If you found this article to help you assess the people around you and yourself, then do share it with others so they can do the same! :)