I Dare Anyone Who's Overwhelmed To Literally Stop And Smell The Flowers

"I started comparing my amazement to the astonishment I had as a little girl and boy has it elevated. "
90

Hello everyone! It is good to be sitting here in front of my computer screen today because I am feeling extra inspired this week. A couple of days ago, I went to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden with my mom. I am going to share my experience with you guys because it was definitely one to remember!

When I was younger, I remember coming to this place not really caring much about what it has to offer. The first time I attended was in elementary school for a field trip. I got to see the gardens and run around with all of my friends. I had such a fun time with them but I think I was missing the point of the garden.

Whenever I stepped foot into the Dallas Arboretum, my breath was taken away. A gasp left my body and I stood there in shock as I gazed around at the thousands of colorful, beautiful flowers. There were all kinds! Every flower I could think of was within 400 feet of my viewing and it was honestly exciting. I sound like some flower nerd but I promise you I am not. Well, I guess I am and you know what? I am proud to be!

I started comparing my amazement to the astonishment I had as a little girl, and boy has it elevated. Every flower was beautiful in its own little special way and my eyes wandered forever on every single one of them. My mom was just as shaken up as I was and I asked her if it was normal.

She said as you grow older, the more beautiful nature becomes. We grow with it.

That inspired me into writing this article because it is true! Nature DOES become more and more beautiful as you grow older. I know and have learned this myself because I hardly paid any attention to those flowers as a little one in comparison to the other day.

Something about seeing and smelling the freshness that was in the atmosphere was refreshing. With being constantly busy and studying my tail off in college, this was a perfect little getaway from reality. It is hard for me to describe the exact feeling I got from seeing the sun shine down on God's creations. It was a moment to remember, that is for sure!

Sometimes, I feel like God is guiding me to his exact creation, reminding me to be grateful for what I have and those around me. The flowers at the Dallas Arboretum assured me that God in fact was there with us at that exact moment, which was such a cool feeling.

Then my mom reminded me of my grandmother. If you know my grandmother, you know she is obsessed with all kinds of plants. She has them scattered all throughout her front and backyard for she has so much love for them. They are important to her and I am sure she considers them as a part of her. She appreciates nature more than anyone else I know and to me that is remarkable.

Maybe she sees God through her plants and maybe that is why they are so special to her. Who knows? It could be just the beauty of them too, heck it could be lots of things! If there is one thing I am sure of though, it is that in her 92 years of age, she does not take dry, unwatered plants lightly!

I wouldn't say that I am as obsessed with flowers as much as my grandmother is but I can say I know a little bit about the feeling she gets when seeing those flowers bloom and thrive. Going to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden during spring break was the perfect decision. Literally stopping and smelling the flowerers was definitely worth it too!