Friendships will make me miss college
popular

I Can't Wait To Leave My College's City, But I'll Miss The People I Met Here

They've helped me grow as a person and as a friend.

982

If you like traffic or feeling like your road rage has gotten worse, Orlando is the place for you.

I'm wrapping up my final year here and the more I realize I'll be done with school, the more I realize I'll be out of Orlando. There are some things I love about it. I'm from an elderly retirement city where no place is open past 10 p.m. and Orlando has so many options for all times of the night. So many activities were foreign to me until I moved here.

As much as I love having all the options and opportunities to do whatever I want (whenever I want), it's the people I found here that I'll miss the most. It's the diversity I love - the different people, the different minds, the different goals. It's inspiring just knowing someone for what they want to accomplish. Even though college is crazy and you meet people you haven't kept in contact with, their stories or experiences stick with you and make you a better person.

I love that I know people from different places, different backgrounds and who I've only known for a short time. I'm still learning about them and they're still learning about me. Each one of my friends has helped me become a better version of myself and given me the opportunity to be a better person for each of them.

The friends I've made here only solidified the choice I made over three years ago to come to UCF. I remember being so angry that I didn't get into my dream school and only picked UCF out of spite. Even my first year here, I was so jealous of my friends from high school who were enjoying their time at the school I thought I was supposed to go to. And boy was I wrong.

If I went to a different school, I don't know if I'd be majoring in journalism right now. If I went to a different school, I don't know if I would have grown as much as a person because I'd be comfortable with my same friends from high school. I don't know what would have happened or what I would be doing, but I know now that that was not meant to be and why I'm here now.

It's crazy to think that I've been here for this long and I'm not sure if I'll miss Orlando specifically, but I know for a fact how much my heart will ache not seeing my friends almost every day.