Inside A Girl's Head

Inside A Girl's Head

32
Inside A Girl's Head

If you are a girl and reading this, you can probably agree that we, as girls, think about some of the weirdest things throughout the day. It is also safe to say that there is also a constant flow of these random thoughts. If you are a male and reading this, you will probably laugh and think that we are crazy -- no way could we think about these things every day.

Here is a list of things that run through a girl's mind at least once a day.

1. I should go to the gym.. This is followed by a couple  of excuses of why not to go to the gym.  Some of these excuses may include I will go tomorrow, I'm too tired, or I have a lot of homework.

2. After crying, we think -- wait, why am I crying? As a girl, we will have those days when the tears are out of our control. However big or small the reason, the tear flow will remain constant. 

3. Does this filter make me look good? If a girl cannot decide this for herself -- which she usually can't -- she will proceed to ask about three other girls and maybe a guy, to decide if it the picture is Insta-worthy.

4. When on Instagram or Facebook, a major thought is, I hope nobody finds out what a creep I am. We should feel better knowing that we all creep on each other all of the time.  

5. Red lips or nude? This is always a major question while getting ready.  The struggle is real when you have to keep the red lips intact all night. I don't like to deal with the red lips and having to ask if my lips look okay every five minutes.

6. Whoa, that girl is really hot, but there must be something wrong with her. Rather than just acknowledging that the pretty girl is probably very nice, we always look for a bad quality to make ourselves feel a little bit better. This is terrible, but you know you've done it before.

7. "Someone stole my card and i spending my money. Nobody stole anything. That low number on your bank app is just you, Starbucks and retail. Trust me, I get it; shoes are a necessity, a God given right.

8. Why do we even have hair? Being a girl and doing your hair every single day can get very old. Having to come up with cute ways to do it that don't show that you are trying way too much, is very hard. Guys don't realize how lucky they are with short hair; no, we won't do the boy cut. Only Jennifer Lawrence pulls that off because she's Jennifer Lawrence.

9. The question that girls probably ask themselves every single day is what am I doing with my life? We constantly question what career, major, current job is right. The internal debate includes whether or not we are willing to put in a lot, or a little bit of effort.  

10. While watching Netflix, we ask, how do I look like Blake Lively?  Maybe you will go through a phase when you change your style because Serena Van Der Woodsen would not be caught dead in your current outfit.

As girls, we are constantly thinking of our next step, what people will think, and we want a reason for everything. There are so many things we worry about that really do not matter. Materialistic things are not everything. That boy probably can't tell the difference when you do and don't do your hair, and just because you failed that exam, doesn't mean you aren't cut out for your  major.

Sometimes, we need to take a step back and look at what really matters in life: our happiness! Don't stress about the little things and be happy about the important things!