What It's Like Being An "Outgoing Introvert"

Yes, we are a rare breed, but, yes, we do exist.

85
Getty Images

An outgoing introvert, see, that doesn't even sound right. An outgoing introvert is about the most contradictory anyone can get. Well, yes, in fact, we are out there, and yes, it's very difficult to be one.

Inside of an outgoing introvert's mind is like a constant game of tug-a-war. Your extroverted, bubbly side is just begging to pop out and become a leader or the life of the party. But, your introverted, shy side honestly just doesn't want the attention at all or the potential rejection. These two sides always pull on each other and constantly battle. Your mind lost in a maze getting lost, dizzy, and unsure of what to do.

As an outgoing introvert, you absolutely love people but you hate social events. The best part about being an outgoing introvert is that we have two sides: a life of the party side and the fly on the wall side. As an outgoing introvert, you can easily turn it up on the dance floor or have a cool, casual conversation across the room.

An outgoing introvert often gets confused with a pure-breed extrovert. We are often told, "You are so great with making new friends!" But little do they know when you talk to somebody new, you feel like you're going to melt down to the floor like an ice cream cone in summer any second.

Being any kind of introvert has its major perks that a lot of people don't see. An introvert has amazing people analyzing skills. Since we are always anxious and hyper-aware, so we ourselves have learned to decipher people's personalities from just observing.

Yes, we know when you're trying to impress that girl across the room, who by the way is interested in your best friend and not you.

We also can feel the slightest bit of tension from across the room. We know there's tension because we always are looking to see if anybody has any with us because us introverts hate conflict.

Many people would rather pick being a "confident extrovert" over an introvert any day. But, us outgoing introverts have the best of both worlds.