Everything You Need To Know About Super Tuesday 2020
Currently

What's so super about all these primaries anyways?

48

Who's still in the race?

The frontrunners are Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) and former Vice President Joe Biden according to recent polling data. Elizabeth Warren and Michael Bloomberg are still in the race as well but barring a Super Tuesday miracle, they will have no chance to win a plurality of delegates by the Democratic Convention. Bloomberg has dumped over $36.2 million into his campaign in California alone, betting on a massive delegate pick-up on Super Tuesday as he was not on the ballot in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina. He and Warren are likely to grab some delegates, but not enough to catch Sanders and Biden. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is also still running for president even though she has not picked up any delegates.

Who just dropped out?

Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar dropped out on Monday night and endorsed Joe Biden at his rally in Dallas, Texas. Former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg dropped out on Sunday and endorsed Biden as well. Tom Steyer dropped out on Saturday just after the South Carolina primary. The field has significantly narrowed and now only a few Democrats remain in the running for the 2020 Presidential nomination heading into the all-important Super Tuesday.

What states are voting on Tuesday?

Primaries will be held in fourteen states: California, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Virginia, North Carolina, Vermont, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Colorado, Maine, and Utah. One will also be held in the territory of American Samoa.

What's at stake?

Over 1,300 delegates will be awarded on Super Tuesday with California and Texas being the two largest contests. 1,991 delegates are needed to win the Democratic nomination.

Who will be victorious?

Almost certainly either Sanders or Biden will be the ultimate victor on Super Tuesday. They are the candidates who consistently poll above 15 percent (the threshold to be awarded delegates) in each of the Super Tuesday states. Who picks up the most steam heading into the remaining primary contests will be determined by the way the delegates are awarded in each individual state. With Biden riding the high of his victory in South Carolina and energized by high-profile endorsements, he could see a surge of momentum just at the right time to propel him to some important wins on Super Tuesday. Sanders was once the favorite to scoop up the most delegates on Super Tuesday, but his lead has been narrowing.

No one will emerge from Super Tuesday as the nominee, but Sanders and Biden are likely to cement themselves as the only horses worth betting on in this race.