Believe It Or Not, Ramadan Is The Best Time Of The Year For Muslims

Everyone around you is trying to become the best version of themselves, yet somehow, you’re all connected.

168

If I told you Ramadan is the best time of the year for ALL Muslims around the world, you’d think I’m crazy. Because how could fasting from dawn to sunset (which for the East Coast is about 16 hours) be enjoyable? How can Muslims actually look forward to this month? There’s one thing to sum it all up: Ramadan Vibes.

Somehow during this month, you get this insanely indescribable feeling of tranquility in your heart. Everyone around you is trying to become the best version of themselves, yet somehow, you’re all connected. You still feel united like never before. It’s the best time to get closer to God, but everyone else is also trying to do that too; so, you’re in it together. You’re trying to focus on yourself, but you want everyone around you to improve too.

For 30 days, charity donations are at an all-time high. For 30 days, you pray more than ever before. For 30 days, you’re one step closer to God. For 30 days, you’re one step closer to the best version of yourself. For 30 days, you’re in the best state of mind. For 30 days, you celebrate the month of Ramadan. You become saddened by its completion, and you then pray that you may witness and live the following Ramadan.

[Disclaimer: Just because someone is in their best state of mind, doesn’t mean they’re fake the rest of the year, or that they’re “Ramadan Muslims.” Whatever happens during Ramadan, we pray that it may carry out with you for the rest of the year. And yes, the “Ramadan Vibe” doesn’t exist all year round, so it’s hard to maintain that feeling all year round. But that doesn’t even begin to belittle the impact Ramadan has on every individual.]

At the end of the day, remember that we all struggle to be the best person we can. We all have our ups and downs. This month is just dedicated to becoming the best Muslim. For myself, and millions of others we await this month because it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.