What Is A Perfect Society?

What Is A Perfect Society?

Society

7994
What Is A Perfect Society?
AskIdeas

What would your image of a perfect society be? I was recently asked this question in one of my classes, and the responses that some people replied with, were strange, and so unimaginable that their version of a perfect society would never function properly. All their responses implicated a form of a utopian society, extremely perfect in every way. They wanted everything to be free, no violence, equality, community, trustworthy citizens, peace, freedom, good health, and love. After listening to the views of how some people classify their perfect version of a society, I came to thinking, how could this society possibly last and be successful. If you think about it, if everything was free, supplies, food and more, things would begin to run out. If everyone had good health, there would be no need for careers in health care or even anything resembling a health care system. If there was no crime, no violence, then we would not need police, soldiers, or any form of protectors for that matter. If everyone was happy and never felt pain, they would not be considered human. Everyone needs to experience more than one emotion. If people were just happy all the time, it would be like they were robots, it would not be natural. Most people classify happiness as a destination, a place that they are trying to get to, thinking that once they find what makes them sparkle and shine, happiness will constantly come to them, but it does not work that way. Happiness is not supposed to be an everlasting emotion, it a state mind that comes and goes, it is not supposed to last forever.

Our society today is nothing resembling a perfect utopian image, but that does not mean we have stand by and watch it crumble. We have a choice, and we have a voice, we can choose to be a bystander and watch everything happen, or we can choose to be that one voice that could make a difference. You will never know until you try. “We were all humans until race disconnected us, religion separated us, politics divided us, and wealth classified us.” (SunGazing)