What Happens When You Love The Mountains

The mountains are the best place to be.

53

Everyone has a preference when it comes to where they want to live and where they want to vacation. Some love the beach, some love big cities, some love cruises… the possibilities are almost endless. Others love the mountains. Either way, there are several things that happen when you love the mountains.

1. Driving through the mountains with no destination in mind is one of the best ways to relax.

Sometimes you just need time to yourself. One of the best ways to use that time is driving along a curvy mountain road with no definite destination. Taking a relaxing drive with the windows down, listening to your favorite music, and taking in the beautiful mountain scenery around you is one of the most calming things one can do on a stressful weekday, or weekend day, evening or afternoon.

2. Fall is the best season.

Fall is already a favorite season nationwide, but it is even better in the mountains. All of the tree leaves change into a wonderful array of colors. It’s not like one tree changes, but all of the trees all over each mountain. Hiking, or driving, to a spot with a fantastic view shows off the beauty of mountain ranges full of colored tree leaves during the fall. The mountains are almost constantly breezy/windy, so it makes that perfect fall weather feel even more perfect and realistic. Not only that, but in almost every mountain town there are many fall festivals for residents and tourists. There are so many reasons to be in the mountains in the fall.

3. Hiking is a favorite pastime.

One thing that the mountains always have is hiking trails. No matter what mountain range or area one lives in or travels to, hiking trails are guaranteed to be there. Most are easy to find and full nature-lovers. Others are better hidden and less populated. Many will lead to gorgeous waterfalls or hidden camping spots that are to die for. No matter if you live in the mountains or are just visiting, hiking is something that you obviously love to do.

4. There is an abundance of little coffee shops.

Everybody likes coffee. But everybody loves little coffee shops that make specialty coffees and sell pastries as well. These shops are a guarantee in mountain towns. People that live in and visit the mountains spend much time, and money, at these shops. You will never be disappointed by the quality or quantity of coffee in a mountain coffee shop.

If you are a person that loves the mountains, you know all of these things are true. The mountains are the perfect place to live and/or vacation. There are plenty of mountain towns all over the entire nation that are worth your time visiting. Some are, but not limited to: Dahlonega, GA; Helen, GA; Ellijay, GA; Blue Ridge, GA; Breckenridge CO; Bryson City, NC; and Cherokee, NC. There are so many other towns across the United States that are worth visiting. If you love the mountains, you know these things to be true.