What God Says About You

What God Says About You

" 'You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.' (Matthew 5:14)"

1063
What God Says About You
Google Images

I listen to what the world has to say about me way more than I should. The thing about this broken world, is that it is constantly telling each of us what we are not. Not pretty enough, not skinny enough, and not rich enough. We are even told we don't have enough to offer the world. So in order to gain these things, we work hard to get something that will make us good enough. But the second we achieve that thing, the standards change. What's cool right now isn't cool next month. We never reach full satisfaction. And that's what happens when we follow the ways of the world and society.

I also know what God says about me. I know that He is good and His love endures forever. I know that what He says in His book of love will never change. The way that He sees each of us will stay the same forever. We do not have to try to be something we aren't. And we don't have to pretend that we have it all together, because He knows just how much our sinful hearts need His direction.

So how do you find your value in Jesus? First, look to Matthew 6:33. It says to seek the kingdom of God first. This means adjusting your value system to what He created you for and who He says you are. If you constantly look to heaven first, the devil will be pushed in the other direction by the Lord. With this being said, having a strong faith will eventually help you realize that the opinions of others do not matter as much as God's does. I don't want my own opinion. I would rather have His. You can also turn to Romans 5:17-18 to grasp a better understanding about who Jesus is. Adam brought sin into the world. Therefore, humankind was covered in death and sin. But Jesus came so that love would be poured out into the world instead of death. Your painful past is covered by His blood, and you never need to look back at it.

He called us through salvation. He tells us that we are forgiven, accepted, and righteous. Guilt, shame, and regret can try to destroy us. But God bought our past so that we do not have to listen to the voice of our sins. He rescued us so that we can have a present and future full of joy and hope. He called us to reign in our own lives and not let anything else reign over us (except Him, of course). Personally, I let money control me and how I feel. But I should rule money and use it to honor God.

You are valuable." 'So don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows.' -(Matthew 10:31)" Society won't agree with this because you do not match up to it's standards. But God will always see you as beautiful and worthy.

You are made new. " 'In the same way, count yourselves dead in sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.' (Romans 6:11)" Despite your sins, Jesus is there to forgive you. He saved us so that we could live in eternity. Death is not where our story ends, it is where it begins.

You have an amazing future ahead. " 'I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.' (Romans 8:18)" The world will try to tell you that you will never amount to anything, but God created you for a reason. He has saved us from darkness to live in His light.

Through Him, you will be transformed. " 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.' (Revelation 21:4) This world and other people will destroy you. But God promises that a life in Him is all you need to be fulfilled. What you do, what you achieve, and what others say are not what defines you.

He is with you. "' 'The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.' (Deuteronomy 31:8)" People are going to leave you. Nothing stays the same. God will be with you through every step if you let Him in.

He created the world, and called it good once He made us. (Genesis 1:31) You are worth way more than the world around you thinks. You are beautiful and worthy of His love. You are on this earth for a reason.

You are loved because God loved you first. You are chosen because God chose you. You are blameless, pure, and accepted. God delights in you and you are a friend of Jesus. You are more than a conquerer and a toy to be played with by the devil. You have a heart that is treasured by the One who loves you most. You can do all things through Christ. You are God's child, and you are made in God's image. You are not what you feel. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are God's beloved. You are who God says you are.

These truths about who God says we are come straight from the Word. I am not making up a bunch of random sayings, I am only looking to the bible and telling you the good news. This is who you really are. I encourage opening your bible or downloading the app and recognizing why you are created through every chapter by yourself. I could sit here and tell you all about Jesus, but I promise there is no greater feeling than reading His word and experiencing His truths for yourself. Just remember that you are loved, and that will never change.