What High Fashion Collection You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign​

Your sense of style is more than just your sun sign, and as Miuccia Prada once said: "What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language."

186

Like many women my age, I am a shameless consumer of astrology content. My guilty pleasure galore, I distinctly remember sitting on my bed during my freshman year of high school learning the ins and outs of a massive 3-page star chart solely to impress the girl that I liked. Pairing this with my borderline obsessive fascination with fashion, what better way to give back to the building blocks of my personality than pairing them? Unsure of your star chart? I use CafeAstrology.

One of the largest misconceptions about astrology is that your fundamental being is rooted in your sun sign (or the sign they tell you that you are on Snapchat), but this is far from the truth. While astrology is complex, there are three main systems that make up a star chart: planetary placements, house placements, and aspects. Woven together, these three charts coincide with one another to present a representation of a person. For example, Venus dictates aesthetic and the first house rules the way you present yourself to others. Mix those together and I present to you: What High Fashion Brand You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign.

ARIES - Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda`19​

The first of the twelve signs, Aries is a fire sign known for the heat of their passions, and what better to represent this than Dolce & Gabbana's A/W 2019 Couture Collection, Alta Moda. With each dress representing a deity or muse, the devotion to detail and theme is what makes this collection perfect for Aries; after all, devotion to their ideals and beliefs is what makes an Aries' spark so unstoppable.

TAURUS - Jacquemus L'Amour

A dearly beloved earth sign, Taurus is ruled by Venus. So it's no surprise that this Venusian sign is paired with the romantic but minimalistic styles of Parisian designer Simon Porte Jacquemus. Personally, I believe the L'AMOUR collection is the height of the Tauran aesthetic, earth-tones and comfortable fabrics make this collection the ideal pastoral look.

GEMINI - Guo Pei Fall `18 Couture

Dear Gemini has earned the rather undeserved title of being two-faced, when in reality (much like a water sign) this air sign tends to reflect the traits of the people around them. Guo Pei designs are notorious for their postmodern silhouettes and fine attention to details; Gemini is perfect for her Fall 2018 Couture collection, featuring bold shapes accompanied by the gentle flow of textures and lines. Much like Gemini, Guo Pei can take on many forms.

CANCER - Marchesa Spring `17 RTW

The ever delicate ruler of the Moon, Cancer is known for their nurturing natures and gentle souls. That said, the Marchesa Spring 2017 Ready-to-Wear collection fits that quota perfectly; softened silhouettes and mellow textures give these dresses the aura of a kind divinity (much like the moon).

LEO - Balmain Pre-Fall `13

Much like Balmain, when a Leo walks into a room all eyes are on them. This fire sign knows all about how to effortlessly draw the attention of those around them, and while they do love tend to love the validation, they're just as eager to douse those around them with affection. The Balmain Pre-Fall 2013 collections features bold silhouettes, luxe textures, and chic designs. It matches perfectly with the rich gold of Leo's personality.

VIRGO - Celine Fall `20 RTW

Sleek, chic, and mysterious. All words that describe not only the Celine Fall 2020 Ready-to-Wear collection but the deep earthy personality of Virgo. This collection is bringing very much "Look at me when I'm speaking to you" vibes, and what Virgo doesn't secretly want to command an entire room's attention with a simple glance?

LIBRA - Elie Saab Spring `20 Couture

Much like this Elie Saab collection, Libra is effortlessly charming and highly romantic. Dynamic silhouettes and acute attention to detail align with Libra's ability to mesh with any friend group, as well as catering to the idealized daydreams they make for themselves. These dresses are perfect for being swept off your feet by love.

SCORPIO - Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall `13

Unlike their reputation, Scorpios tend to be far more withdrawn than given credit for. Secretive by nature, their air of mystery acts to shroud their highly sensitive hearts. What perfect match than an Alexander McQueen collection? Rich, intense fabrics and harmonious silhouettes act as the perfect representation for Scorpio's hidden depths.

SAGITTARIUS - Zimmermann Fall `19 RTW

Adventurous and keen to break the so-called rules, Sagittarius is more than happy to sweep everyone up in the journey they call life. They want everyone to find the excitement in life, and are typically glad to grab someone's hand and pull them somewhere amazing. Zimmermann's Fall 2019 Ready-to-Wear collection is the perfect depiction of Sagittarius' lively spirit, featuring statement-making designs and animated silhouettes. The party doesn't start until Sagittarius walks in, after all.

CAPRICORN - Christian Dior Spring `21 Couture

When people typically think of Capricorn they think of cold stares and hearts made of stone, when this is in fact the opposite of a typical Capricorn. While Capricorns are goal-oriented, they're an incredibly giving sign: they'd help you with anything if you'd ask nicely. A guiding figure in the zodiac, Christian Dior's Spring 2021 Couture collection radiates the powerfully gentle aura of Capricorn's soul.

AQUARIUS - Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Fall `20 RTW

Aquarius has always been the ground-breaker of the zodiac signs; this air sign typically feels like the black-sheep, or that they simply "don't belong" in this world. That they were made for something greater. Capturing this essence is Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini's Fall 2020 Ready-to-Wear collection, bold accessory pieces bringing cohesion to these modern outfits.

PISCES - Simone Rocha A/W `20

The twelfth sign in the Zodiac, poor Pisces are often swept under the rug in favor of bolder or earlier signs. However, none can compare to the dreamy depths of Pisces' waters. Forgiving to a fault, the two fishes' sense of martyrdom is what matches them perfectly to the divine tenderness of Simone Rocha's Autumn/Winter 2020 wear.