Book review, Love Does by Bob Goff

Book review, Love Does by Bob Goff

Today I have the pleasure to write about a book that captivated my attention and taught me many great lessons. I am in reality only about 1/3 of the way through the book Love Does but I enjoy reading it and because I'm at a stopping point for right now I thought in the meantime I'd write a review over the book.

22
when you search love does on Pexels looking for stock images; you really can find some cute ones
Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels

Now that may seem silly because I haven't finished it but the reason why I'm writing it now if because I'm reading it with two of my friends from high school and we only go to a certain point each week and I have reached that point. Each week we then meet and talk about it and what we are learning and are in aw by. This book has a lot of biblical truths in it and that is what we mainly discuss. It talks about how love does things, it's not just a feeling or an emotion in our head, it is also not just what we see in romance movies. Love causes rippling effects and fortunately, we all can be showing God's love in our everyday life through our words and actions. It is also a wonderful book because it shares these truths in funny short relatable stories and proves that anyone can choose to love and talks about the greatest love of all, which comes from God.

The book is an easy read, the chapters are just a few pages each, and each chapter is a different story and it always connects to a truth about God and his great love. That's all I'm going to say but, if you looking for a new book maybe look into this one and read the first chapter before you look the other way. I'm finally glad after 3 years that I finally picked up the book and read it.

I do also want to disclose that I was not interested in reading this book in the beginning. I am not a big reader and it had even been recommended to me before but by reading the back cover it didn't seem of interest. Even though it's a New York Times Bestseller, sometimes they get that stuff wrong. However, if you like me, just a normal reader (not a critic for best selling books) or feel that it may not be good, I'm telling you it is and that this week I didn't want to put it down.

After I finish it I am also willing to pass it along, if your interested, and I haven't found a new home for it reach out!!! I'd love to send it your way, just message me.