What Are The Different Types Of Fine Art Digital Prints?
News

There are several types of fine art digital prints that have become part of the modern art scene because of the new creative digital technologies.

17

There are several types of fine art digital prints that have become part of the modern art scene because of the new creative digital technologies. Fine art digital prints provide high-quality original artworks.

These are then mass-produced and distributed more easily than conventional printing presses.

The crucial styles of fine art printing services include photographic prints, giclee or iris art prints, light-jet relief prints, digital silkscreen prints, and canvas prints.

So, let’s read the various fine art prints available.

• Photographic Prints

The most commonly used digital art printing services include photographic images captured with traditional or digital camera equipment. These images are edited before printing, thus making them of the highest quality. Photographic fine art digital prints can also be printed in different sizes and multiple times.

Chromogenic Prints, Digital C-Prints, Gelatin Silver Prints, Platinum Prints, and Daguerreotypes are some of the different forms of the photographic print.

• Giclee

Another type of fine art digital print is the giclee print or iris art print, a high-quality digital image that incorporates original or montaged artwork. This print is produced by digital scanning of the images or pulling from digital graphics to print out an individual artwork. Once these digital images are finished, ink-jet printers of high-quality ink can print these pictures in various digital papers or fabrics for display.

Giclée comes in various paper types for fine art printing (Enhanced Matte, Natural Rag, Elegance Velvet), photo printing (Photo Luster, Photo Gloss, Photo Metallic), and Eco-Friendly bamboo paper.

• Light Jet Relief Prints

This fine art digital printing is accepted by graphic artists, mass printers, and digital designers, who can easily modify the size and color of the images to produce various works. Light jet relief fine art digital prints with classical and limited edition images are also displayed in fine art galleries.

relief-printing processes include woodcut, anastatic printing (also called relief etching), linocut, and metal cutting.

• Digital Silkscreen Prints

These are considered the other form of fine art, digital print. They are often seen on the large-scale consumer market in the shape of wearable fashion and corporate logo products.

The method by which these images are transferred to fabric is vastly different from conventional silkscreen printing, which still uses a hand-applied coat of paint. The digital images are then transferred through the machine in layers of special fabric ink, which is later sealed to the textiles by applying a heat process.

• Canvas Prints

A very different method is practiced to produce eye-catching digital fine art prints. The canvas is treated and stretched on a flat surface, then a series of digital files are passed within the ink printer on the canvas to create colors and textures. The ink is a flexible, heavy-duty fabric that withstands wear and tear.

A custom cotton canvas blend is the best choice for canvas printing as opposed to a polyester canvas. You will want to seek out this type of canvas, as the image quality and colors are better.

The Bottom Line

Looks like we’ve come down to the end of the blog, and we are sure that you have, by now, figured out the different types of fine art digital prints available. So now, you must have decided what kind of fine art you will pick for your photos. Hence, get up, grab those pictures that have been lying around for days and get them printed.