buying a weighted blanket is worth it

This past winter gave me a ton of ads for a weighted blanket for deeper and better sleep. I've been curious to try it out as a lot of the testimonials have been positive, but as is the risk with buying anything online, you're unsure if the purchase will actually match the price point, or if there's a cheaper or better version in existence.

Skip seven months - yesterday, I decided to do that 20's thing where you go into target and buy a bunch of things you don't need. I don't often frequent target, but everyone keeps talking about this experience as if it's a quintessential weekend activity. I don't really see how though. I don't have the physical space in my apartment for a lot and most of the sections don't even seem to apply to me or my interests. When I was in the bedding section though - as I intended to do this properly and search isle by isle, I found the weighted blanket I had been curious to try.

At 12 pounds for $45 dollars, it seemed to be a very reasonable purchase, as I had to actually get rid of my previously used summer quilt due to rips. The other I've been using is over 5 years old, so it seemed time of an upgrade nonetheless. While it was sort of a pain to carry it along with the groceries I ended up buying, once I was able to spread it out on my bed, well...

I would consider it worth it. Having a queen size bed, it's not big enough for the whole thing, but if more than enough for a single person's use. It's on the noisier side, but not enough to bother a light sleeper like myself. My biggest concern about using a weighted blanket was the fact that I move a lot in my sleep, and was worried that having this holding me may cause me to wake up in the middle of the night in order to move. While that did happen, I was comfortable enough to go back to sleep instantly.

However, it feels much lighter than 12 pounds. Only when it's folded or layered will you get the full effect, I think. Another bonus was unlike my winter quilt, which is filled with down feathers, the glass beads in this blanket dont shift during sleep and stay even. For it's price point, given how trendy weighted blankets seem to be, I would consider this worth it.

Shop this weighted blanket here.