Saturday's Are For The Boys No Longer

To All The 'Saturday Is For The Boys' Guys, That's Cool But Monday Through Friday Are For My Girls Then

Bye-bye. See you never...

69
Sara Stewart

Have you ever meet the perfect boy? He's sweet to you. You know your parents would love him. His parents love you. You click with all his friends. He gets a 10/10 from your friends. Everything just seems like it's going to be perfect—almost meant to be. And then he goes a drops the biggest bomb...those five words no girl EVER wants to her. Your hairs stick up on the back of your neck. You experience vertigo and tunnel vision all at once. "Saturday is for the boys," he says. Why? Why you? He just seemed so perfect, didn't he?

Well, I'm over it. No more "Saturday is for the boys" crap. And if you can't accept that, then get ready, because Monday through Friday is about to be for me and my girls!

Sara Stewart.

If I don't get my Monday-through-Fridays with them, then I don't get Friday night comedy show dates with the true comedians. And I don't get late night sushi runs on Tuesdays when we all miraculously remember how amazing sushi is, and how long it's been since we had it. I want my Monday FaceTime conversations where we remember that stupid quiz (and hardcore cram for) from that one random class that we always seem to forget about without fail. I mean whose supposed to get those amazing photos from my "good side," if not my girls.

Sara Stewart.

I think it's a given that every female singer and/or songwriter has a song about them having the time of their lives with their girls! And if guys can have a saying for it and declare a whole day to them and "their boys," then aside boys because me and "my girls" are taking the whole week from you. We're singing to Halsey at the top of our lungs. And we're eating ice cream way too late at night. We're judging all your Instagram posts and your most recent ex's pictures, too. We're pulling out all the stops with no cares to give.

There's nothing more fun or satisfying than hanging out with my girls all day, every day. And I won't hesitate to leave a boy left behind in the dirt if it means sticking with my friends. We've been to hell and back with each other, and Monday through Friday with my girls is just fine by me.