Weather It & Has It Come?

Weather It & Has It Come?

There is a Season for Everything
Drew
Drew
580

Weather It

Weather it, for you are not alone.

Though the sea swallows you,

The storm is surrounding,

the wind cuts deep,

and the rain is thick,

There is a lighthouse.

Though The earth shakes

the ground begins to give,

Trembling and tumbling,

And everything is divided,

You have a foundation.

Though the winter endures,

The cold bites,

Frozen to the bone,

And all paths hidden in snow,

You have a fire within.

Though the darkness is dense,

your feet fail you,

You are led astray,

And you are lost within shadow,

There is a way.

Do you not see?

Though the sun hides itself,

The Son shines always.

Yes, it may be winter out the door,

But in the soul is an everlasting spring.

You can weather it.

_________________________________________________________________________

Has it Come?

What is this scent?

So familiar, yet somehow remaining foreign to me.

What is this smell that fills my lungs?

It is in the winds,

It passes through my breath,

Freshness—Renewal.

What is this I see?

Clouds parting and the rain ceasing?

Light piercing and warmth flooding?

Blue skies hitting my eyes?

Comfort—Peace.

What is this sensation?

It shines on my face

It fills my heart.

Happiness—Joy?

Is this the passing of winter?

Is this the shore?

Is this the peace I sought for?

Will I recognize the sun?

Will I be able to sit in the stillness?

What is this smell?

It is welcoming,

It reminds me of home,

Out from the pot—pasta,

Fresh from the oven—cookies.

What is this I see?

A smile that eases all troubles,

Eyes, full of life and adventure,

They, combined, stir something within.

What is this I hear?

A laugh infects me,

And wise counsel,

A man cannot do without.

What is this I feel?

Is this Spring?

Has it Come?

I'm A Christian Girl And I'm Not A Feminist, Because God Did Not Intend For Women To Be Equals

It is OK for me to not want to be equivalent with a man.

809541

To start off, I am not writing this to bash feminists or get hate messages. I am simply writing this to state why I do not perceive myself as a feminist.

March is International Women's Month and that is what has got me thinking about how I view myself as a young woman in the 21st century. I enjoy every day getting to soak up the world as a young lady, particularly in the South.

If you know me, then you know that I love and utterly adore Jesus. He is so perfect. He is everything. He is my whole life. Some people might say that I am a "Bible-thumper" or someone who has had too much Kool-aid and maybe I am, but I know who my Creator is and that He died for me, and that is all that matters.

In my young age, I loved to just sit in church with my parents and absorb all that God would deliver. As I have grown up, I have ventured off and joined a church that is different than my parents, so the responsibility falls more on me, but I love that. Since this era of independence began, I have thoroughly enjoyed taking ownership of my faith.

I spend a lot of time chatting with God, worshipping Him in all kinds of ways, and just diving deeper into His Word. Through all of this growth as a Christian, I have learned a lot, but something I have learned is a concept that some may not agree with, which does not surprise me.

I do not believe God meant for women and men to be equal.

There, I acknowledged the elephant in the room.

It is a shocker, I know, but I have some Biblical evidence to back up this belief that I have.

Let us begin in Genesis. God created man and then he created woman. This was two separate occurrences and order is key. He created Adam and then Eve.

Jesus treated women with grace and kindness, do not get me wrong. I mean just look at how He treated the woman at the well, the one who used all of her expensive perfume to cleanse His feet and not to mention His own biological mother! He has a truly unique place in his heart for women, but He also has special intentions for us in the world and in the family setting.

We are to submit to our husbands.

We are to be energetic, strong, and a hard worker.

We are to be busy and helpful to those in need.

We are to be fearless.

All of this is explicitly laid out by God in Proverbs 31.

We are not to be equal to our male counterparts. Jesus does not lay out the Proverbs 31 man, but He rather lays out the Proverbs 31 woman.

A husband or man is to be the head of the household as Christ is to the church.

A man is to love a woman so deeply that represents how he loves himself.

A man is to leave his father and mother.

Women and men are not equal in God's eyes, but they each represent Him in their own ways that the other needs.

If we were all equal, we would not need one another and therefore we would not need God. I am so thankful that we were not created equal. I am so thankful that God is so great that He could not just create only man or woman to represent His image. He is so perfect.

So, you see I am not a feminist, and it is OK.

It is acceptable for me to have this belief that God intended for men to lead women. It is also okay for people to have differing opinions. Writing this was not easy, but I know that not all people agree.

To feminists and those that are not, you are allowed to believe whatever you wish but have evidence to back it up.