Weather It & Has It Come?

Weather It & Has It Come?

There is a Season for Everything
Drew
Drew
577

Weather It

Weather it, for you are not alone.

Though the sea swallows you,

The storm is surrounding,

the wind cuts deep,

and the rain is thick,

There is a lighthouse.

Though The earth shakes

the ground begins to give,

Trembling and tumbling,

And everything is divided,

You have a foundation.

Though the winter endures,

The cold bites,

Frozen to the bone,

And all paths hidden in snow,

You have a fire within.

Though the darkness is dense,

your feet fail you,

You are led astray,

And you are lost within shadow,

There is a way.

Do you not see?

Though the sun hides itself,

The Son shines always.

Yes, it may be winter out the door,

But in the soul is an everlasting spring.

You can weather it.

_________________________________________________________________________

Has it Come?

What is this scent?

So familiar, yet somehow remaining foreign to me.

What is this smell that fills my lungs?

It is in the winds,

It passes through my breath,

Freshness—Renewal.

What is this I see?

Clouds parting and the rain ceasing?

Light piercing and warmth flooding?

Blue skies hitting my eyes?

Comfort—Peace.

What is this sensation?

It shines on my face

It fills my heart.

Happiness—Joy?

Is this the passing of winter?

Is this the shore?

Is this the peace I sought for?

Will I recognize the sun?

Will I be able to sit in the stillness?

What is this smell?

It is welcoming,

It reminds me of home,

Out from the pot—pasta,

Fresh from the oven—cookies.

What is this I see?

A smile that eases all troubles,

Eyes, full of life and adventure,

They, combined, stir something within.

What is this I hear?

A laugh infects me,

And wise counsel,

A man cannot do without.

What is this I feel?

Is this Spring?

Has it Come?

5 Things To Do When Your Professors Challenge Your Beliefs As A Christian

As long as you know God is FOR you, it doesn't matter who is AGAINST you.

1293

Being a Christian in our world today is very, very challenging. There are many misconceptions about our beliefs and our morals, as well as people who believe we don't practice what we preach.

As a college student, I've come across many professors who enjoy challenging my beliefs due to the "lack of evidence" or the "impossibility" of the circumstances. While it frustrates me to no end, I've had to learn that arguing and debating with people who don't believe in God is pointless. They aren't going to change their mind and there's no way a college student is going to change that.

Arguing will get you nowhere, people are going to believe what they want to believe and we can't change that. Instead of trying to debate with your professors, do these five things instead. I assure you, you'll get much more out of them than an argument.

1. Pray

cdn.pixabay.com

Pray to God to help you and your belief remain strong, but also pray that the Holy Spirit finds them and touches their heart. A heart that isn't filled with God is an awfully sad one.

2. Acknowledge that people don't always agree with your beliefs

cdn.pixabay.com

If someone tried to convince you that God isn't real, you're not going to listen to their points or anything else that they have to say. Acknowledge that people think differently and sometimes you can't change that. Only God can.

3. Drop the class

cdn.pixabay.com

This is really a last resort, but it's also understandable. I would hate to have to sit in a class where I felt personally attacked for over an hour each day. If you find yourself in this position, get OUT.

4. When things get too difficult-- bathroom break

cdn.pixabay.com

Sometimes all you really need is a breather. When the lecture gets too tough, ask to go to the bathroom, get some water, and say a prayer.

5. Read your Bible

cdn.pixabay.com

This is the most important one. Your bible has all of the answers, no matter the circumstance. If you find yourself unable to cope with the challenges the professor presents to you, open the bible and start reading. God will fill your heart and put your mind at ease.

It's hard enough feeling out of place in today's society, just because of your beliefs. Then to have someone constantly challenging everything you base your life off of? That's even more difficult!

But instead of arguing, choose one of these five things to do. It will be a much better use of your time and you'll feel much better about it than you would by arguing with someone.

Who knows, maybe one day God will touch their heart and things will be different. God's pretty powerful and can change things in an instant. Trust him.