We Need To Fight For Planned Parenthood

We Need To Fight For Planned Parenthood

The defunding of Planned Parenthood is unjust and an outrage, use your voice and call Paul Ryan today!

10
We Need To Fight For Planned Parenthood
pixabay.com

House Speaker Paul Ryan says that Republicans will vote to defund Planned Parenthood. Each year, Planned Parenthood receives about 40 percent of its funding from the federal government, but none of that federal money covers abortions. (A part of the law called Title X prohibits it.) Instead, Planned Parenthood’s federal funding is used primarily for women’s healthcare services. Around 2.5 million people receive care from the organization each year.

It is obvious that the Republican controlled Congress is ruthlessly pushing their pro-life agenda by defunding Planned Parenthood. This is an outrage and will not prevent abortions but will only endanger the lives of poor men and women who cannot afford alternative medical care. Only 3% of Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services, and if it was a higher percentage, who cares? Abortion is legal and a woman should have the choice as to whether or not she wants to become a mother. Planned Parenthood actually decreases the number of abortions by providing men and woman with contraceptives to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STI's.

It is estimated that 1 in 5 women will visit or have already visited a Planned Parenthood in their lifetimes. The services provided are invaluable to vulnerable people with few options and limited funds, by defunding Planned Parenthood millions of Americans are going to be without care, that is unacceptable. Use your voice and call Paul Ryan today (608-752-4050) and stand up for what is right!