11 Ways To Make Your Room Cozy This Summer Season

11 ways to make your room extra cozy this summer season

If you are anything like me, then you know having a cozy room is super important.

1562
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb1-W0CgiBU/?taken-by=urbanoutfittershome
Urban Outfitters Instagram

Here are some tips and tricks I have learned over the years that will make you never want to leave your room.

1. LIGHTS. LIGHTS. LIGHTS

Lights can totally transform your room. I always prefer to have plug in remote operated lights because you do not have to deal with batteries and you can turn them off all from the comfort of your bed. They create such a nice warm comfy ambiance in your room.

2. Candles are a must.

Who doesn't love candles? They make your room smell delightful and give your room such a nice lit ambiance to it. I always prefer the candles that come with a top so when you want to blow it out, your room does not smell like its burning.

3. You HAVE to love your bedding

Your bed is the center piece for your BEDroom. It is so important you have high quality, comfy, warm bedding that you love. It does not have to be expensive for you to love it. Just make sure it is cozy and goes along with the color scheme you want in your room.

4. Add some plant friends!

Adding plants into your space adds a very natural vibe to it. I'd recommend going down the fake plant route if you are not responsible enough to keep real ones alive, like me. But on the same time real plants, look absolutely stunning and helps keep the air in your room fresh.

5. You can also add flowers!

Flowers can be such a beautiful way to add some pops of color in your room. They also give you that nature, elegant vibe going. I would HIGHLY suggest going the fake route on flowers because they die so quickly and then smell bad once they are dead. I love having fresh flowers in my room here and there but for decor, fake.

6. Neutrals are KEY

Neutrals are the way to go! They give you such an airy, clean feel to your bedroom. It's so lovely. If you are a messy person, like me, I prefer to have taupe as my main neutral color because white requires a lot of time and energy to keep neat. Taupe, beige, stone, sand, and even off-white are much easier to have.

7. But do add pops of color!

Having an all neutral room can be boring to the eye, so it is important to have one color you place around your room! You can either have a colored wall art, throw blanket, and rug to keep that color and the neutrals balanced. It just adds a little bit of life and color to the room!

8. Have a TON of pillows

Pillows are the ultimate way to be cozy! You can lay them all around you and rest your head on them, and you'll have plenty of ammo for your pillow fights.

9. Keep your curtains open!

Having as much natural light in as possible is super important. It creates such a clean vibe and makes your room feel a lot bigger.

10. Add different textures to your walls

Adding different textures on yours walls can make your room feel more unique. If you have a million canvases or photos on your walls, it gets old fast. But adding flowers, macramé, different types of photo/canvases it can really spice up your vibe.

11. Use everyday things as decor

Using things you use everyday as decor is so fun! It can either be beauty products, shoes, clothes, jewelry, whatever you want! Things we wear and use everyday are beautiful DUH thats why we like them so much so why not show them off in our room!