No amount of kindness ever goes unnoticed. Have you ever had someone do something nice for you and found that it made your day? Even the smallest things can have the power to go a long way for someone who needs it. Besides, who couldn't use a little more kindness in their life?
1. Pay for the next person's coffee order.
2. Compliment at least one person a day.
3. Tip your waiter a little extra when you go out to eat.
4. Donate things you don't need any more to someone in need.
5. Smile at someone. Maybe it'll brighten their day just a little bit.
6. Be a good listener. Sometimes all people really need is a listening ear.
7. Share words of encouragement.
8. Volunteer at your local homeless shelter.
9. Or volunteer at your local animal shelter.
10. Offer to take a photo of someone/a group for them.
11. Give up your seat on the bus or train.
12. Give someone you love a hug. It can go a long way.
13. Help the environment and pick up trash you see laying around.
14. Give someone a thoughtful gift just to let them know you appreciate them.
15. Reconnect with an old friend.
16. Become a Big Brother or a Big Sister.
17. Volunteer. For anything, really.
18. Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
19. Give a nice review to a business you frequent.
18. Buy a coworker lunch.
19. Be the first to forgive.
20. Support local businesses.
21. Hold the door for someone.
22. Check up on the people you care about.
23. Bring coffee to your coworkers.
24. Put change in an expired parking meter.
25. Tell people how much they mean to you.
26. Share a good book with someone.
27. Send hand written thank you notes, they mean a lot.
28. Donate supplies to an animal shelter, food, blankets, toys etc.
29. Donate non-perishable foods.
30. Stand up for someone.
31. Take the time to teach someone a new skill.
32. Volunteer at a nursing home.
33. Let someone go before you in a line.
34. Send a care package to someone in the military.
35. Ask someone how their day was.
36. Help out at a fundraiser.
37. Leave a nice note for someone.
38. Make dinner for your parents/roommate/SO.
39. Anonymously donate to a Go Fund Me page.
40. A little kindness goes a long way. People will appreciate any extra thought you give them.