Ways To Spend Your Snow Days

6 Ways To Spend Your Snow Day Off

Snow days are great, but sometimes people wonder how to spend a day totally indoors.

1

Snow can be a relief when you get to skip an exam or a particularly rough day at work, but it can also feel like you're trapped indoors with nothing to do. But snow days are wonderful, and there's plenty of things to occupy your time with.

Catch up on some homework

I know, it's not fun. Homework is time consuming and annoying, but if you're behind in your classes, a snow day is just the time you need to catch up. Be productive and make use of the full night of sleep you got to really grind out the work you've been pushing off. And if you haven't got work to catch up on, you can always spend the day getting ahead! Especially for college students, school can feel like there's always stuff you should be doing.

Self-care

Sometimes, it's just not the day for work. People need time to themselves, time to decompress and chill out. Self-care is important. You could draw up a nice, hot bath, or you could lay back with a face mask and some tea. Maybe read a book for fun (something you know you haven't done in ages). Spend your day really taking care of your mental and physical health.

Go outside!

If it's nice out, go enjoy the snow! Build a snowman, make some snow angels, have a snowball fight with your friends. Snow is a great thing, and it doesn't always happen. Especially if it's sunny out, I'd recommend putting on some waterproof boots and going outdoors. Appreciating nature is important, and snow is one of the greatest things to experience on this earth. And hey, if you've got a driveway, you could always be the awesome family member that sacrifices their time for the sake of clearing a path for the family cars.

Cuddle up and watch some movies

You've got a whole day, so why not watch some great movies? Maybe watch something holiday themed, since snow happens around the time of the holidays. If you're not really in the mood, you could just catch up on the latest shows you've been missing thanks to school, or just watch your favorite film. If you're feeling nostalgic, try a day of Disney movies to throw yourself back to the good old days.

Bake

This may seem a bit random, but there's nothing like warm sweets and pastries on a cold day. Baking will not only warm you up, it's also really fun. It's a great life skill, and you'll have a good time mixing batters and rolling dough. Not to mention, you can share the end results with the people you love, or bring it into school the next day for your friends and teachers.

Spend some quality time with friends and family

First and foremost, I recommend taking advantage of the extra free time to catch up with your loved ones. If you're off at university, definitely hang out with your friends, have some deep conversations, order in, enjoy each other's company. If you're back at home, make the most of your snow day and spend some quality time with your family. Your parents wont be around you forever, and neither will your siblings. When you're given the chance, don't forget to interact with the people you've lived with your entire life.