5 Ways To Spend Your Snow Day

5 Ways To Spend Your Snow Day

Read the book that's been sitting on your desk.

223
5 Ways To Spend Your Snow Day

The weather has become unpredictable thanks to global warming. Usually, snow days don't mean anything in college. School still goes on. But for those days that your school acknowledges the crazy snowstorm headed your way during the week of midterms, and cancels classes, you have a lot of free time. It's an amazing day when you can try to study for that upcoming test (but most likely not). So during these unusual snow storms, here are 5 things you can occupy yourself with.

1. Drink hot chocolate

I love chocolate and what I love more is hot chocolate. It is one of the few easy things to make in your dorm or apartment. Plus, it tastes good and makes you feel cozy. There is nothing better than a nice cup of hot chocolate to make your day. You should try it with whip cream or marshmallows and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

2. Read the book that's been sitting on your desk

As young adults, whether you are in college or working, it is hard to dedicate your time to other things like reading. But on a snow day when classes and work are canceled, you can finally read the book that's been collecting dust on your desk. You can read as you drink your hot chocolate.

3. Watch some Netflix

Now there is no day like a snow day to catch up on your TV shows or watch the latest movies on Netflix. You actually have the luxury of not leaving your bed for the whole day, if you really wanted to. But if you crave company, gather your closest friends in your room and watch a movie together.

4. Pamper Yourself

It is a great day to treat yourself. You will finally have time to try that DIY face mask, paint your nails, etc. You don't have to worry if you have enough time before your next class or meeting because they're all canceled. So give yourself that long-awaited and well-deserved attention. You can watch Netflix as you wait for your face mask and nails to dry.

5. Catch up on some much-needed sleep

When the weather is crummy and the day is gloomy, it is the perfect time to sleep. If you are like me, you usually get an average of 4 hours of sleep. So, on a snow day, you will probably catch up on those missed hours of sleep.