new years resolutions

5 Ways You Can Make Sure You Keep Your New Years Resolutions

Everyone makes New Years Resolutions, but how many people actually keep them?

3

New year, new you, right? 2019 has started and here are five ways you can keep your resolutions.

Set Realistic Goals! 

Don't set goals that are too hard to reach. Don't aim too high and ignore reality consider your previous experience with resolutions. What led to failure then? It may be that you resolved to lose too much weight or save an unrealistic amount of money. Remember, there will always be more opportunities to start on the next phase, so set realistic goals.

Stay Positive

Instead of worrying, talking down on yourself, and getting angry at yourself, empower yourself with positive thinking practices become aware of negative thoughts, but don't become attached to them. Just let them come into your brain, and then focus your attention on something else.

Look to friends and family for support

Carefully choose those people around you who have shown themselves to be trustworthy, supportive friends and explain your plans. Let them know of ways they can help when the going gets tough, and if they're truly caring they'll know the right things to say during the hard times.

Stay consistent 

slip-up are almost inevitable at some point, and you must not let this become an excuse to give up. When it happens, you will need to draw on your reserves of self-belief and strength, so build these qualities as often as you can. If you mess up immediately forgive yourself and say "I'm starting again now!"

Always remember why you started!

Remember you're why! Remember why you set your goals and how it will make your life better, and make you feel more fulfilled. When you remember why you set a goal, you will be much more likely to follow it through to the finish.