Watermelon Sugar Recipes To Quench Your Harry Styles Thirst

4 Watermelon Recipes To Quench Your Thirst For Watermelon Sugar — And Harry Styles

Watermelon is the taste of summer 2020 and here are some easy and delicious recipes to enjoy during hot days.

105

"Watermelon Sugar" became the official song of the summer after hitting No. 1 on iTunes. It was released in December 2019 in Harry Styles' "Fine Line" album, and it's impossible not to sing along with the chorus.

But has anyone ever tried mixing watermelon and sugar together and does it taste good? Well, according to these recipes, the answer is yes.

Here's how to enjoy the best of summer with simple, but delicious watermelon recipes that everyone will want to give it a try.

Bon Appétit Watermelon Lime Cocktail

@namelymarly

For my 21+ friends, here's a summer cocktail for you. This fruity freshness is perfect for a pool day, and Bon Appétit magazine ensures less than 100 calories per serving, making it light and perfect in every way.

Ingredients:

• 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise
  • 3/4 cup tequila Blanco
  • 2 cups 3/4' cubes seedless watermelon
  • 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 6 tablespoons Simple Syrup
  • 1/4 cup mezcal or gold tequila
Instructions:
  1. In a small jar, place the stems, veins, and seeds from the jalapeño and add tequila. Let it infuse for 15 minutes and strain it into a bowl. You can discard the solids.
  2. Crush the watermelon cubes in a large pitcher and stir in Simple Syrup, lime juice, mezcal, and the jalapeño tequila. Mix it with ice and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
  3. Pour the juice into cocktail glasses and enjoy!

Taste of Home Juice

Taste Of Home

Nothing better than a refreshing watermelon juice to drink during a hot summer day. Taste of Home shared a simple and tasty juice that is a favorite among their readers.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups watermelon, diced
  • 1 cup water (or coconut water)
  • 1 tablespoon simple syrup or granulated sugar, to taste
  • Lime juice (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Easy, just blend everything and there you have it, a delicious watermelon juice.

The New York Times Cocktail

NYTimes

If the sweetness of watermelon doesn't seem enough for you, my fellow friend, The New York Times Cooking section has the perfect cocktail that gives an extra kick for those who have a sweet tooth.

Ingredients:

• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne
  • 2 inch-wide cubes watermelon
  • ¾ ounce simple syrup
  • ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
  • ½ ounce Joven mezcal
  • 1 ½ ounce Blanco tequila
Instructions:
  1. Mix salt, sugar, and cayenne together and by wetting the rim of a cocktail glass with water or lime juice, dip it into the spice mixture, coating rim. Make sure to tap to shake the excess off.
  2. In a shaker, crush the watermelon cubes and half fill it with ice, syrup, lime juice, mezcal, and tequila.
  3. Pour it into your cocktail glass and enjoy!

Dreena Burton Gelato

Dreena Burton

Summer wouldn't be summer without a delicious gelato. Ice cream is definitely a must-have on any occasion during hot days, and this recipe is so easy that you won't believe how amazing it tastes until you try it yourself.

Ingredients:

• 5 cups frozen cubed watermelon
  • 1 cup sliced overripe banana (frozen or room temp)
  • 1/2 - 1 tbsp coconut nectar or cassava syrup (optional!)
Instructions:
  1. Add watermelon and the banana into a food processor, or a blender, until puree consistency appears.
  2. Add coconut nectar or syrup if you think it's not sweet enough.
  3. Let it in the freezer for 2 hours or more and enjoy it!