Dad's Reactions While Watching "The Bachelorette"

20 Quotes You Are Guaranteed To Hear If Your Dad Watches ‘The Bachelorette’ With You

They complain about it being on, yet can't help but be intrigued.

90

If you're anything like me, Mondays hold a special place in my heart. For two hours, I know I can relax and live through the lives of people on TV on their journey to find love. Yes, ABC's "The Bachelorette" is incredibly dramatic and seems a little scripted at some points, but it is undeniably entertaining.

This summer, now that I am home from college, my Monday nights watching this show have not been as sacred. Living with a younger brother and a father who both like to make fun of the show, I find myself having to pause and rewind more than I would like. Although they go on and on about how "stupid" they think the show is, they sure do make a lot of comments!

For me, it adds to the entertainment. Here are just a few things they say while the show is on:

"How many of them are left now?"

Boston Globe

As if he is going to listen anyway.

"Dad the Rose Ceremony is at the end of this episode, you'll see how many she picks then."

"Oh, this comes on EVERY Monday?"

@bacheloretteabc

This should not be surprising to you. Just let me watch my show.

"This show is SOO dumb." 

MSN

*10 mins later*

"NOOO I liked that guy!"

"She's from the south, I bet she'll go for that one with an accent."

Bustle

You really cannot deny that southern charm.

"His pants are way too tight!"

Buzzfeed

You're just mad that you couldn't pull them off like he does.

"How is it you can remember all their names and occupations, but you complain about how hard it is to study for college tests?"

Inquisitr

This is so much different.

"Is that the one she went sky diving with?"

Me: "No..."

Dad: "Oh, well, they all look the same."

"This show still has an hour left?"

Toronto Star

Could you just go watch something else in your room and let me have my show?

"Is that the pilot?"

Insider

Yes, Dad, we like him.

"Is that the singer?"

TV Insider

Yes, duh!

"What does that one do again?"

Vulture

Shhhh!

"Where are they now?"

@alabamahannah

Would you just pay attention?

"I can't believe they are allowed to show all of that on TV."

It's 2019, dad.

"You should be on this show, but I want to pick the guys on there."

That's not really how it works.

"Oh, you can tell his momma does not buy it."

ABC News

Neither does his sister ...

"She doesn't like him, I can tell."

We are all here for a little drama.

"I bet he'll get a rose."

Dad knows best.

"She likes when they compliment her like that."

Doesn't every girl?

"Has she kissed every guy on here?"

Yeah ... maybe.

"How do you even like this stuff?"

Because how could you not?