Looking for a good Christmas movie?

Looking for a good Christmas movie?

Is it snowing out? Are you looking for a good movie to watch on this cold night? Here are a few of the best movies out there!

19
Looking for a good Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Its the week of Christmas and for the past two weeks or so, Freeform (previously known as ABC Family) has been playing The Count Down To Christmas. Most the time it's the same movies over and over, and it tends to get boring and annoying when there are a ton of great holiday movies out here. In this list, you won't see over played movies like Elf. While I love that movie, it's become waaaay overplayed in recent years. Here is a list of my favorite movies to watch:

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

There is just something about this green, christmas hating, fur ball that I love. I can't pin point what it is, trust me, I've tried. But this movie always makes me smile. The cartoon version is the one to watch. It's the best. I love the old school, hand draw cartoons. Animation today is nothing like it use to be and this classic has some great animation for it's time. The alive action version isn't too bad and it's worth a watch. It will make even the smallest of hearts grow three sizes by the end of the movie.

2. The Polar Express

This is a classic story told to young kids in schools of a boy who couldn't hear the bells of Santa's sleigh until he went to the North Pole and started to believe again. While the animation is a little creepy to me, the newer computer SGI has gotten better since this movie has been made; the story telling is amazing and this is one of the best family Christmas movies that everyone can enjoy. The message to never stop believing is something everyone should live by. Magic can be found all over, you just need to believe that it's there.

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Another classic. The animation in this is the same as the Grinch. Hand-drawn. But the story of Charlie Brown is beloved by all. With Snoopy and the Gang, it's hard to not smile and wonder what our favorite dog will get himself into this time. This story also reminds us what the true meaning of Christmas is when the lead character finds himself depressed during the holiday season. Plus, everyone knows what a Charlie Brown Christmas tree is. So why not watch the movie that brought it to us.

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

A Tim Burton movie and a disney movie. What could be better than this? This movie is one of kind. This stop-action film is combination of two great things. Many don't realize that this movie was apart of the Disney family because of it's dark themes but that's way it's one of the hidden treasures. It's save to start watching this movie around Halloween since the main character and setting are apart of the Halloween land. Jack finds himself bored of the same old same old in the town of Halloween so he goes off and finds the town of Christmas and tried to bring christmas to halloween.

5. The Muppets Christmas Carol

This classic tale has been told many times over and everyone knows the story of Tiny Tim. This version is one of my favorites, it comes in close behind the Disney version with Mickey and Minnie. They tale the classic tale with a muppet twist so you get all the fun that comes with what the muppets movie should have to help with the sadness that comes with this tale. Besides, who doesn't love a little Miss. Piggy in their life?

There are a few movies I didn't mention that I also love to watch, one being A Year without Santa Clause, Santa Clause is coming town, Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer and of course, Frosty the Snowman. What are your favorite Christmas movies?