Why You Should Watch Captain America: Civil War

Eight Gifs With In-Depth Explanations

107

I don't know about most of you, but I know for a personal fact that I am a MASSIVE geek when it comes to all things Marvel. I'm absolutely in love with super hero movies, specifically Avengers and its heroes. So, naturally, when I heard about Captain America: Civil War coming out, my interest was tickled. I didn't know much about the movie, what was going to happen in it, except for the fact that it's like going to be as described: a "Civil War." I kept waiting. I didn't think much about the movie up until recently when the trailers came out, and I can definitely say that I cannot wait for this movie to release in theaters, and I'm going to tell you why.

1. Captain America vs. Iron Man

This one's a no-brainer. For the Marvel fans out there we're getting to see two of our favorite heroes go toe-to-toe with the help of some of their best friends and most closest allies. Friendships are going to either deteriorate or rejuvenate as we see exactly who sides with either Capt. or Tony. This is going to be anything but smooth sailing for these two parties.

2. Black Panther

This is the only reason why I'm going to see the movie. Black Panther being in the midst of the conflict shows just how big this war is going to be. Not only is he one of the strongest heroes in the Marvel Universe, but he proves an important role with the fact that he has a completely neutral view with what happens outside of his own nation. With this being said, the side that he ends up following, which appears to be Iron Man's, gains a massive upper hand in not only battle, but resolution as well, as in the comics it's said Black Panther was the one to try and stop the two from fighting altogether.

3. Who's Choosing Which Side?

This is the biggest question that comes to mind when I see the "teams" that Capt. and Tony have. Of course, by looking at the trailers and teasers we can see that Tony is having his best friend, James Rupert Rhodes, the "War Machine," as well as "Vision," the freakishly powerful android that most of us saw from the Avengers that assisted in the victory against Ultron. There's still speculation as to whether or not Black Panther is on Tony's side, but from the trailers it looks as if he most definitely is. Still, nothing is confirmed.

With this being said, Tony's team is looking pretty stacked against Capt's. They have raw firepower as well as immense magical support, plus the possible strength from Black Panther, and a guest star we're going to see. Let's not completely shut down Steve, though, as he does have some tricks up his sleeve.

On Captain America's side we're seeing a lot of strength and agility coming from him and his enhanced partner in crime, Bucky a.k.a., "The Winter Soldier," as well as Sam Wilson, otherwise known as "Falcon." They look to make up a good front-line for their team while the back-line looks really strong as well with Hawkeye being an absolute bulls-eye with a bow and arrow, and Scarlet Witch being able to use her magic for complete and utter area-based abilities, plus a little trick for Tony...

4. Scarlet Witch Able to Stop Vision?

In the second trailer to come out we saw Wanda, a.k.a. "Scarlet Witch" be able to use her abilities to stop and apparently subdue Vision. Whether or not it's a long-term effect is unknown, but the fact that she's still able to stop quite possibly the strongest member of Tony's team really makes me wonder which side has the upper hand in this fight.

5. Special Guest Appearances

OH MY GOD IT'S SPIDER-MAN!
We have been waiting for this for SO. LONG. Millions of Marvel fans have wanted him to be in the Avengers movies for the sake of him being not only an awesome hero, but such a funny and snarky character at the same time. The fact that he's here in Civil War is absolutely crazy, AND HE'S ON TONY'S SIDE, TOO! He's not the only wise-ass of a superhero that isn't Tony, either.

Can I also point out how Spider-man's eyes squint after he lands. My guess is he has a partly-mechanical suit that Tony could have made him. Is it the "Iron Spider" from the comics? We'll have to wait and see.

(I honestly don't know how much longer I can go with writing this before I pass out from geeking out so hard).

ANT. MAN. Ant-Man! He's fighting for Team Captain America as we see him being literally launched off of an arrow from the marksman Hawkeye onto what looks like Iron Man's arm as he's in mid-air (check out .gif #3). Falcon must have put in a good word after being embarrassed in Ant-Man's movie.

6. Villains

Not only is it a bunch of good guys fighting each other, there are still bad guys. In one of the trailers we see Crossbones himself punching Capt. in the face, sending him back several meters on his back after crashing into a table. There's certainly a lot more than just our favorite heroes having a personal scrap with themselves.

7. Bucky vs. Tony

I'm sure neither Tony or Steve really want to kill each other. I believe they want to get a point across through physically painful means with a lot of explosions on the side. It's sad to say I can't really say the same for Bucky as it looks like he wants to get straight to the point and shoot Tony right in the face. Charming, really. Lucky for Tony, the man never goes anywhere without a piece of his suit, which happens to catch a bullet before it even leaves the muzzle of its gun. That's some high-tech shit right there.

And lastly...

8. What's Going to Happen to Captain America?

Okay, I know this gif. is a trailer-edit, but bear with me here.

The big question for us fans: What is going to happen to Captain America? Yes, it's his movie, yes it still revolves primarily around him, yes the cliche is that the protagonist always get the last laugh... But is it always that simple?

Let's be fair, Steve has had a lot of problems ever since he became "America's favorite Captain." He had to deal with seeing his best friend "die" in front of him, he had to be put into a coma while frozen for 70+ years, he's had to put the weight of the world on his shoulders on multiple occasions, and even fight Bucky in Winter Soldier when he was a mind-controlled assassin.

Of course, no hero is perfect, and of course all the other heroes have their own struggles, but what's to come with Civil War as it's the focus of Captain America and his personal struggles? There are so many questions that just can't be answered, and it's why this movie is going to be so worth the watch.

My question to you, the reader is this: Whose side are you on?