WARNING: Spring Fever Is Coming

WARNING: Spring Fever Is Coming

Don't let yourself catch it

168
WARNING: Spring Fever Is Coming
Murphy Chamber of Commerce

Ah, it is now the time of year where everyone is in a bad mood. The Groundhog has seen his shadow as per usual, and six more weeks of winter is officially ahead of us. We can thank Punxsutawney Phil for taking away the light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the time where the Spring semester has gotten rolling, but it still feels like the middle of fall semester. Life moves slow, but we move fast, because if we're outside for too long we may freeze to death.

TIP: If it is suddenly 60 degrees one day, DO NOT LET THIS FOOL YOU. I can guarantee you the next day it will return to an arctic temperature. Never let yourself get too excited on days like this, because this is how Spring fever sneaks up on you.

I think I would rather have this year's flu than Spring fever, because at least the flu ends. Spring fever sticks around until you feel mentally insane and have given up on all things productive in you life.

Our restless behavior at the thought of warm weather and happiness can be too much. The arrival of Spring has a similar feeling to running on a treadmill with a cookie hanging from a string in front of you. No matter how much you run, it's still going to be out of reach. Us college students need to stick together, and help each other survive this terrible fever. It's the only way to get out alive. We can't let ourselves get too excited just yet, because that is like handing yourself Spring fever and setting yourself up for failure. Winter depression is not over yet folks; we must power through until the temperature exceeds a consistent 60 degrees. Keep working hard, and get a little more use out of those winter jackets. Just a few more weeks to go.